Managing your Figma Account
Don't have an account with Figma yet? Check out our Creating a Figma Account article.
If your email changes, your profile picture needs a refresh, or any other account information is out of date, you can update your Figma Account Settings. You can access your Account Settings from anywhere in Figma.
| When you have a File open:
1. Head to the Menu in the top-left corner.
2. Select Help and Account.
3. Choose Account Settings from the options:
| When you are in the File Browser:
1. Head to the Menu in the top-left corner.
2. Select Account Settings from the options:
From your Account Settings, you can then:
- Change your Email Address and Password.
- Change your Name and Profile Picture.
- Enable or Disable notifications.
- Enable two-factor authentication.
- Delete your Figma account.
Tip! If you're using Figma in the browser, then you can also download and install Figma's Font Helper application from the Account Settings page. This allows you to use your locally stored fonts in Figma. Learn more about installing the Figma Font Helper in our Working with Fonts article.
Change your Login Details
Note: If you are a Member of a Figma Organization with SAML SSO enabled, then you will not be able to change your Name, Email Address or Password in Figma. We recommend contacting your Organization's IT department if you wish to have your display name or email updated.
You can sign up for Figma in a couple of different ways. The way in which you signed for Figma will determine what changes you can make to the login details.
- I signed up with my email address and created a password.
- I signed up with my Gmail address using Google SSO.
Email address and Password
If you created your Figma account by entering your email address and creating a password, then you can update both your Email Address and Password in your Figma Account Settings:
- Click the Change email link under the email address to make any changes.
- Click the Change password link to reset your password. This will prompt you to enter your old password, followed by your new password. Click Save to apply.
If you signed up for Figma via the Google Single Sign-On process, then your Google account details will show up here instead. You won't be able to update the Email Address or Password associated with the account in Figma. Instead, you would need to update your details with Google directly:
- Change or reset your password by Google Support.
- Change your username or email address by Google Support.
If you'd like to disconnect your account from Google SSO, then you can do this by resetting your password:
- Log out of your Figma account by heading to your name in the top-left corner and choosing Sign out:
- Head back to the Figma website and click the Sign In button.
- From the sign in modal, click the Forgot Password? link and follow the on-screen instructions to request a password reset email.
- Head over to your email inbox and click the link in the email provided. You'll be prompted to enter a new password.
- Once completed, you can sign into your account using your Gmail address and your new password.
- You'll also be able to update your email address and password in Figma now too!
Tip! If you are part of an accredited institution, then you can use your official school email address here. Learn more about Setting up an Education account.
Change your Name and Profile Picture
Change your Name
From the Account Settings page:
- Hover over your name in the header.
- Click on the Edit Pencil once it appears.
- Type in the new name in the field.
- Press on your Keyboard, or click anywhere outside of the field, to apply your changes.
Add or Update your Profile Picture
You can add a Profile Picture to your account, to allow collaborators to identify you easier. This will show up on any Files your are viewing, or on any Comments you make on a design.
- Hover over the current profile picture. This will default to your initials if you haven't set one up yet.
- Click the Edit Pencil to make a change.
- A window will pop up that allows you to select a Profile Picture from your computer
- Select the photo from your computer and click Open to upload.
- Use the slider to select the desired zoom/crop level:
- Click Save to apply. Your Profile Picture will now be updated.
Enable or Disable Notifications
You can also determine if you would like to receive notifications for new comments. This will alert you - via email - to any comments collaborators have made on your Files.
These can be toggled on and off at any time:
- Scroll down to the Notifications section.
- Uncheck the box next to Activity from other users to stop receiving notifications.
- Check the box next to Activity from other users to enable.
Tip! You can also choose Receive or Mute comment notifications, by file.
- Click on the Comments tool in the menu bar:
- Find the Comment settings (in the right-hand panel).
- Uncheck or check the box next to Receive email notifications:
Enable two-factor authentication
If you created your account with an email address and password (versus via Google SSO), then you can also enable two-factor authentication to further protect your account.
- Find the Password section.
- Click the Enable two-factor authentication link.
- This will then take you through the process of you setting up two-factor via your chosen method. You can choose authentication via text, phone, or Google Authenticator.
Delete your Account
If you need to delete or cancel your account for any reason, you can do this directly from the Account Settings page. If you have a paid plan, you will need to cancel your subscription before you can delete your account here.
WARNING: This will delete any files you have created using the account, and can't be reversed.
- Go to the Account Settings page.
- Scroll down to the Account section.
- Click Delete Account to start the process.
- Complete the on-screen prompts.
Want to upgrade your plan, or change your subscription? Learn more about Pricing, Payment and Billing.