[Organization] Activity Logs
Activity logs provide a record of how users in your Organization are using and interacting with files and shared resources. This allows you to keep an eye on your Organization, ensure your information is kept secure, as well as identify and prevent any potential misuse.
In this section, we'll cover:
What Events are Tracked
We will record the following information, for every action, or "event" that is added to the Activity Log.
- The Date and Time the event occurred(in UTC).
- The IP address of the related user.
- A User's Actor ID e.g."John Appleseed" or”Figma Support”
We will record the following actions or events, taken by an Account Admin:
Accessing Activity Logs
Admins are able to access Activity Logs from the Admin Console.
- Open the Admin Console by clicking on the Organization name in the top-left corner and clicking on the settings cog:
- In the General tab, click the View Activity logs button:
- You'll be taken to the Activity Log where you are shown all activity for the last month (by default):
- At the top of the page you can filter the Activity Log by a number of different variables:
- Member: using the Member’s email address.
- Date: you can enter a specific date range to search within.
- Event Type: use the dropdown provided to select a specific event:
- Team: by selecting the Team from the field provided.
- Once any relevant filters are applied, click the Filter button to view the results.
Viewing a Member's Activity Log
You can also view the Activity Log for a specific Member.
- Open the Admin Console and go to the Members tab.
- Click the View Activity link next to the Member’s name:
- This will open the Activity Log, with that Member’s email address already populated.