[Figma Organization] Activity Logs
This feature is currently in Beta and is subject to change. Screenshots and parts of this article may be incomplete, or out of date. If you have any questions about the content you see here, please contact Figma Support via the help menu in your Figma account, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Activity logs provide a record of how users in your Organization are using and interacting with files and shared resources.
The Activity Log covers everything from when users access, edit, share, or export files, to any Admin actions: like adding, upgrading, downgrading or removing users.
This allows you to keep an eye on your Organization, ensure your information is kept secure, as well as identify and prevent any potential misuse.
We will record the following information, for every action, or"event" that is added to the Activity Log.
- The Date and Time the event occurred(in UTC).
- The IP address of the related user.
- A User's Actor ID e.g."John Appleseed" or”Figma Support”
Below is a list of some of the most common events we record in the Activity Log, which we have grouped by feature or function.
An event will be recorded when:
- Any Admin or Member explicitly Signs in or Signs out of their Figma account. Note: This won't record when they close the browser or exit Figma without signing out. Guest logins are not recorded.
- A new file is created.
- A file is viewed.
- If you view a publicly accessible file(while signed out).
- A user deletes an existing file.
- A file is moved between teams or projects
- A user views a Prototype.
- A user exports content from a file.
- A user duplicates a file.
- A user's File permissions are changed.
- A user's Project permissions are changed.
- You make a file publicly accessible(within an Organization).
- A user joins a team.
- A user leaves a team
- A new team is created.
- A team is deleted.
We will record the following actions or events, taken by an Account Admin:
- Any changes to the group's membership. Including the Organization's Domain, Name and/or Icon.
- Any time the Organization's login restrictions are updated, i.e. when enforced SAML/SSO is enabled.
- When a folder's sharing permissions have been updated.
- When a User is removed from the Organization.
Access Activity Logs
Admins are able to access Activity Logs from the Admin Panel.
- Open the Admin Panel by clicking on the Organization name in the top-left corner and clicking on the settings cog:
- Click the View Activity logs button:
- You'll be taken to the Activity Log where you are shown all activity for the last month (by default): <Image: Activity Logs page>
- At the top of the page youu can filter the Activity Log by a number of different variables:
- Member: using the Member’s email address.
- Date: you can enter a specific date range to search within.
- Event Type(see:Events Tracked above)
- Team: by selecting the Team from the field provided.
- Once any relevant filters are applied, click the Filter button to view the results.
You can also view the Activity Log for a specific Member, from the Members tab in the Admin Panel. This allows you to view a detailed history of events related to that Member.
- Open the Admin Panel by clicking on the Organization name in the top-left corner and clicking on the settings cog: <Image: Organization Settings Cog>
- Go to the Members tab: <Image: Member’s Tab>
- Click the Activity Log link next to the Member’s name: <Image: Member Activity log>
- This will open the Activity Log, populated with that Member’s email address already populated <Image: Member Activity Log results>
Tip! It’s not possible to filter specifically on secret teams. You would need to know the team name, or discover it organically, to be able to identify or isolate activity within that group.