Slow to pan and zoom around the canvas
Here are some things to consider:
- Make sure you have updated to the most recent version of your browser
- If you have a lot of frames with Layout Grids enabled, try turning those off
- If you are working with a particularly large document, try splitting it into multiple documents
- Close any other files you may have open in other tabs
- Effects can take a lot of hardware resources to render
You can also check the Console tab in the Developer Tools for errors. Here's how you do that:
If you're using the Mac or Windows desktop app:
- Click Help at the top of your screen
- Select Toggle Developer Tools
- Choose Console in the Developer Tools window
You can also use the
Command + Option + I (macOS) or
Cntrl + Shift + I(Windows/Linux) keyboard shortcut to open the Developer Tools. These shortcuts work in the Figma desktop or web app.
If you see errors, please copy them and email them to email@example.com.
If you don't see any errors, email us a link to the Figma file in question. Be sure you have enabled view permissions so we can view the file.
Follow these steps to enable view permissions:
- Go to your File Browser
- Select the 3 dot menu icon on the file thumbnail
- Choose Share
- Click to Enable public access, then
- Copy shareable link to this file