Remove a Member from your Organization
Who can use this feature?
- Only Organization Admins can remove a member from the Organization.
- Users on the Figma Organization plan.
When a member leaves an Organization, you can remove them in Figma. This applies to Members, Admins and any Guests.
When you remove someone from an Organization we will:
- Immediately remove their access to the Organization.
- Prevent the User from being able to access Teams, Files or Libraries within the Organization.
- Move any Drafts from that member to the Organization's Shared Projects folder.
There are a few steps to take when removing a Member from an Organization:
- Transfer Ownership of Teams, Files and Projects
- Remove the Member via Figma
- Remove the Member via your SAML SSO provider
- View and Manage Shared Projects
Transfer Ownership of Teams, Files and Projects
We recommend locating all the Teams, Files and Projects a Member owns, before removing them from the Organization.This allows you to transfer ownership of those resources to another Organization member.
Note: If you don't transfer membership of those resources, they will be "orphaned". Organization Admins will still be able to access orphaned Teams, Files and Projects and allocate new owners to them.
Remove a Member via Figma
- Go to the Members tab in the Admin Console.
- Search for the member using the field provided.
- Click the three dots in the right-hand column and select Remove from the options:
- As this action can't be undone, you'll be asked to confirm the action. Check the box next to I understand that this action isn't reversible and click Remove member:
- We will then:
- Immediately remove that Member's access to any Teams, Files and Projects.
- Transfer their Drafts to the Shared Projects folder in the Organization.
- Display a confirmation that the Member has been removed from the Organization.
Remove a Member via SAML SSO
If your Organization members are configured via SAML SSO, you will also need to remove the user from your Identity Provider.
This isn't something that we can help you with directly, but we've rounded up some documentation from supported providers below.
- Add or Delete Users in Azure Active Directory
- Suspending or Deleting Users in OneLogin
- Activate and Deactivate Users in Okta
- Delete a User from your GSuite Organization
View and Manage Shared Projects
Organizations will own all the Files shared within the Organization. This includes files within the Drafts folder of any Member.
When you remove a member from an Organization, we move any files in their Drafts to the Organization's Shared Projects folder. This allows Organization Admins to view and manage any of the member's Files and Projects.
- Open the Figma File Browser.
- Click on the Shared Projects folder. You'll find this under the Deleted Files section.
- The Shared Projects page will have a list of all Deleted Drafts folders.
- Click on the Drafts you would like to manage.
- You'll be shown a warning that the contents of the folder cannot be edited. You'll need to move the folder to a Team before you can access the Files within it.
- In the menu bar, click on the folder name and select Add to favorites from the options.
- The folder will now appear in the sidebar of the File Browser. Click and hold on the folder in the File Browser and drag it to a new Team.
- You can then: