Manage Missing Fonts
You have access to a variety of fonts in Figma. This includes both Google Web Fonts, and any Fonts installed locally.
If a collaborator has used a font that's not accessible to you, you will receive a missing font alert.
I want to:
Identify Missing Fonts
When you try to edit a Text layer, we will check to see if you have the same font installed.
If the font used in the Text layer is not available to you, we will display a yellow missing font [A?] icon, in two places:
- Next to the font in the Text section of the Properties Panel.
- In the top-right corner of the toolbar.
The most common reasons for missing fonts are:
- You don't have access to the Font Family. This is common if a collaborator has been using a Local font that you don't have installed.
- You have a different version of the Font installed. This occurs when a collaborator has an older or newer version of the font installed.
- You don't have access to the Font Style. Either the Style was missing from a download, or you are using a different version of the font.
You won't be able to make changes to the Text layer, until you fix the missing font. To continue editing you can:
- Install or update any missing fonts on your computer.
- Select another font to use in place of the missing font. The missing font modal allows you to replace a missing font.
Note: Replacing a missing font will update the File for all collaborators, including those with access to the original font. Proceed with caution!
Replace a Missing Font
The Missing Fonts modal allows you to quickly update affected Text layers.
- Click the missing font icon [A?] in the top-right corner of the toolbar:
- We will list every font style in the File that is missing or unavailable:
- Use the drop down fields to adjust the font Family and the Style for each missing font. We'll only show you fonts that are available to you.
- Click Replace Fonts to complete the process. All text objects in the File will be updated to the new fonts.