Verify your Student Status
Who can use this feature?
✅Users on Student Plans
Student accounts allow you to access all of the functionality available on our Professional plan, without any of the cost.
If you do meet the Student Account Criteria, you can apply for a Student account with Figma.
You will need to verify your Student status. Once verified, you will be able to create a Student Team.
I want to:
Note: Any extra Editors that you add to your Team will also need to Verify their Student Status.
Verify your Student Status
Before you can verify your Student status, you will need to sign up for a Figma account. We recommend using your student email address. Learn more in our Create a Figma account article.
You will need to let us know which accredited institution you are a Student at. You can do this by completing the verification process.
- Follow the link: https://www.figma.com/student/apply
- We'll ask you to enter your:
- First and Last Name
- School Email address
- Date of Birth
- School Name
- Mailing Address (of the school)
- School Website
- Click the Submit button to complete the application process.
What Next? We will perform a series of checks to confirm whether the email address used belongs to an accredited institution, or not. We will notify you via email to confirm whether your application was successful.
Create your Student Team
If your application was successful, you can create a Student Team.
Not accepted? Reach out to the Figma Support Team on email@example.com or by clicking the "?" in the bottom-right corner of your Figma account.
Upgrade an Existing Team
- Open your Team Page in the File Browser.
- Navigate to the Settings tab in Toolbar.
- Click the Upgrade your Team button.
- Confirm how many Editors you would like. You can add and remove Editors as you need. Click Continue.
- Choose Student from the Team options.
- We'll upgrade the Team to a Student Team. An icon will appear next to the Team name in the File Browser.
Create a New Team
- Click the New Team button in the bottom-left of the File Browser.
- Or, follow this link: https://www.figma.com/files/create-team
- Give your Team a name and click Create Team.
- Next you can Add your Collaborators. Enter their email address in the field provided.
Tip! Click Skip for now to invite collaborators after you've created your Team.
- Click Continue to move to the next step.
- Choose Student from the options. We'll take you straight to the Team Page.
Invite Fellow Students
Anyone you invite to a Student team will be automatically added as a Student account.
- Their email address will need to match the school's email. Make sure to use their school-issued email address when inviting a collaborator.
- Any extra Editors that you add to your Team will also need to Verify their Student Status (as above).
Learn more about adding and inviting Members in our Invite a Collaborator to your Team article.