Navigate your Organization using the File Browser
✅Users on Figma Organization Plan
✅Everyone with a Figma account has their own File Browser
When you first open Figma, we'll take you to the File Browser.
The File Browser allows you to navigate through your account. You can use it to access Personal Files, Create and Join Teams, and connect with the wider Figma Community.
On the left side of the page is the sidebar. This provides the main method of navigation for getting around Figma.
We'll display everything else - your Files, Teams and Projects - in the main body of the File Browser.
In a Starter, Student or Professional Team? Your File Browser looks a little different. Check out our Using the File Browser article.
Personal and Organization Space
Within your Figma account, you will have both an Organization and a Personal Space within a single account.
In your Personal File Browser you can:
✅ Access Teams that aren't part of the Organization
✅ Access external Teams you have joined using your company email
✅ Run plugins that aren't whitelisted by the Organization
In your Personal File Browser you can't:
❌ Access Libraries that are shared within Teams in the Organization
❌ Access Libraries that are shared across the Organization
❌ Access Fonts that have been uploaded to the Organization
❌ Run plugins that are Private to the Organization
Switch File Browsers
You can switch between your Personal and Organization File Browser.
Click the Organization name in the bottom-left corner:
- Select Personal File Browser to open the Personal File Browser.
- Select <Organization name> to open the Organization File Browser.
Note: It's not possible to move Files, Projects or Teams between your Personal and Organization File Browser. Make sure you are in the correct File Browser when creating new Files and Projects!
You can access any of these settings from your Personal or Organization Spaces.
Note: Some of the things you're able to access in these may be different between Spaces. e.g. Organization specific Plugins and your work at [Organization Name].
Your Profile is where you access everything about your account. This includes your:
- Community Profile
- Work at Organization
- Account Settings
You can navigate between these tabs using the Toolbar at the top of the Page.
Notifications help keep you in loop with what's happening in your Figma account.
We will send you notifications when:
- Someone invites you to a File, Project or Team
- Someone makes you an Editor or Admin on a File, Project or Team
- Someone adds or replies to comments on a File you're contributing to
- Someone @mentions you in a File
You can view and adjust your notification settings across a few different channels: in Figma, Email and via Slack.
Learn more in our Enable and Disable Notifications article.
Public Community Profile
Community Profiles showcase your contributions to the Figma Community. Specifically, any Plugins or Files you've published to Community.
You can preview and update your Profile here. This allows you to check out what other Figma community members will see, and make any changes.
Organization Admins can publish Files and Plugins to the Organization's Profile.
- Discover Files and Plugins made by other members of the Figma Community
- Update your Community Profile
- Publish a File to your Community Profile
- Make Plugins for Figma
Note: If you want to publish a File to your personal Profile, we recommend switching to a personal Figma Account that you own.
Work Within Your Organization
Organization Members also have a tab that allow members of the Organization to see what they're working on.
Your Organization tab has your:
- Name and Profile Picture
- Published Files and Plugins
- Recent Files with Edits and Comments
Learn more in our View a Member's Work at your Organization article.
The Account Settings page allows you to update aspects of your Account.
- Update your Email Address or Password
- Update your Name or Profile Picture
- Enable or Disable Notifications
- Create Personal Access Tokens
- Connect and Remove Apps
- Enable Libraries for Files in your Drafts
- Delete your Figma Account
Learn more in our Adjust your Account Settings article.
Note: If your Organization is managed via SAML SSO, there are some aspects of your account you will no longer be able to manage in Figma.
We recommend contacting your Systems Administrator to change your Name, Email Address or Password.
Look for Files using the Search bar in the File Browser.
This global search allows you to find and view Files you have access to.
In an Organization, you can search for Files across:
- Your own Drafts
- Your Recents
- Teams and Projects of which you are a member (Including Closed and Secret Teams)
- Any Open Teams in the Organization
- Files shared across the Organization
- Any Shared Projects or Files outside of Teams
Learn more about finding Files in our Search, Sort and View Files article.
Open your Recent Files to check out any Files you have recently viewed or edited. This will include any:
- Personal Files from your Drafts folder.
- Files from any Teams you're a member of
- Files from other Teams or Projects.
- Files from other people's Drafts.
- Files you've accessed via Link sharing.
Want to tidy up your Recent Files? Check out our Manage your Recent Files article.
Plugins are third-party scripts or applications that extend the functionality of another application. You can use plugins to customize your experience, or create more efficient workflows.
The Plugins link in the File Browser allows you to explore Plugins shared with the Community.
You can Browse, View and Install plugins from this page. Learn more in our Browse, Install and Run Plugins article.
Plugins in an Organization
You have even more control over how you use and share plugins within an Organization.
You can create plugins that are only available to your Organization. Or share your favorite plugins with the wider Figma community.
Organization Admins can manage which plugins are available to members of your Organization. This includes whitelisting, installing and uninstalling plugins.
Learn more in our Manage Plugins in an Organization article.
Everything within this section is specific to your Organization.
Any Files you create within the Organization File Browser are owned by the Organization. This includes your Drafts.
If you leave or are removed from the Organization, any Files and Drafts will remain with the Organization.
You can think of your Drafts like a sketchbook or notebook. It's a place where you can jot down your ideas and experiment with different concepts.
- Click the [+] button next to Drafts in the sidebar to create a new File in your Drafts.
- Or, click the New File button in the File Browser.
Figma encourages an open and collaborative design environment. It's never too early to share your ideas and collaborate with others.
You can invite collaborators to your Personal Files. Or, Move Files from your Drafts into Teams and Projects.
Want to create Private Drafts? Switch to your Personal File Browser.
Looking for your Deleted Files? We moved Deleted Files from the sidebar, to a tab in your Drafts.
The Deleted Files tab is an archive of your Deleted Files. Files remain in the Deleted Files folder indefinitely.
- When you delete a File in your account, we will move the File here.
- If anyone else deletes a File that you are the Owner of, we will add it here.
- If anyone delete a Project that you were the Owner of, we will add it here.
Tip! You can use the Created by... setting to choose which Files are included in the results. You can choose between Files Created by Anyone, You or Others.
It's not possible to open a Deleted File. You can right-click on the File to:
- Restore a deleted File:
- Delete Forever to permanently delete the File. This action is irreversible.
- Duplicate to Drafts to send a copy of the File to your Drafts folder
Learn more about managing Deleted Files in our Delete a File article.
Shared Files (or Projects)
You can find any Files or Projects that have been shared with you in the Shared Files folder.
This will include:
- Drafts that another collaborator has invited you to.
- External Projects that another collaborator has invited you to.
- If you're an Organization Admin, this will also include the Drafts and Files of deleted Organization members.
Tip! You will find a Sort selector in the top-right corner of the File Browser. This allows you to change the order that Files appear. Learn more about sorting Files in our Search, Sort and View Files article.
We list every Team you are a member of in the sidebar of the File Browser. This is how you can switch between Teams.
We'll show any Projects you've favorited underneath the Team name in the sidebar.
Click on the Team name to open the Team Page. You can manage every aspect of your Team from the Team Page. From Files and Projects, to Members and Billing.
You can change the order that your Teams appear in the File Browser:
- Click on the Team name and drag it up or down.
- A black line will show where you can move the Team
- Drag the Team to a new location. Release to confirm the order.