Remove Libraries from an Organization
Who can use this feature?
🔒Users on the Figma Organization Plan
👤 Anyone with Edit access to the File can adjust the File's Sharing settings
If you no longer want to share a Library with the rest of the Organization, you can remove it. This is a two-step process:
Note: You will need to do both of these actions to prevent any members outside of the Team from access that Library.
Unpublish the File
- To open the Library modal, click the Team Library icon in the top-right corner.
- Select the Library to view it in the Library modal:
- Click the Unpublish button at the bottom of the modal:
- You'll be prompted to confirm if you would like to remove the Library. Click the Remove file from Library button to confirm.
- We will return you to the file. The status bar will indicate that we have removed the File from the Library.
Update Link Sharing
You can then adjust the Link Sharing settings. This will prevent members of the Organization from discovering the File.
You can do this via the Sharing Modal for that File.
- Open the File in the Editor and click the Share button in the menu bar.
- Click the down arrow next to the existing link access ("Anyone at Organization").
- Select Only people invited to this file from the options.
- We will turn off Link Sharing for that File. The File will still be available to any members of that specific Team.
Want to track how Libraries are being used in your Organization? Check out our Track Component Usage with Design System Analytics.