Vectors can be brought in from a Figma (.fig), Sketch (.sketch), or SVG (.svg) files. These formats are complex, and typically contain a mix of vector shapes and images. SVG uses a human-readable XML format, but we recommend importing files generated from tools for best results.
- All vector formats are complex and lossy depending on the quality of conversions done by the importer and exporter and settings used.
- Sketch import is the best transfer of vector data.
- Sketch Symbols convert to Figma Components.
- SVG import handles SVG content generated by a variety of design tools.
- SVG Symbol, marker, and clipPath elements are not yet imported