Similarly to Photoshop, you can blur images in Figma. Once you have the image to blur on your canvas, follow the steps below:
- Draw out a shape that's the exact same size as your image. If your image is a rectangle, use the R keyboard shortcut and drag out a rectangle on the canvas that can overlay the image.
- Add a fill color to the shape you drew on the canvas
- Drop the opacity to about 30-50%
- Click the + icon to add an effect to the shap
- Select Background Blur from the dropdown menu
- Click the icon to the left of the dropdown menu to open the effect modal
- Change the Blur effect input field to 20 (just as an example)
When you drag the new shape and overlay it on your original image you will have a blur effect.
blur, layer blur, background blur, photoshop blur, image blurring