Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any Figma plan
Users can invite anyone to files in their Drafts
Only Team Owners, Team Admins, and Editors can invite collaborators to team files
We recommend you read our Viewer, Editor and Admin permissions article first, before you read this one. This covers our different permission levels in detail.
Figma encourages collaboration throughout the entire design and development process.
Invite collaborators to your files when you:
- Start to brainstorm a new project with your team
- Need input from your copywriter or product marketing team
- Need to share work in progress with a manager or client
- Want feedback on a prototype during user testing
- Handing off final designs to a developer
Share Files in your Drafts, or files from teams. Choose what permissions collaborators have on your Files.
Use the share modal
Control who has access to a file via the share modal.
- Editor: Click the Share button in the toolbar
- Project: Right-click on the file and select Share
From the share modal you can:
- View which project the file is in. From here you can move files between Drafts, teams, projects and accounts.
- Invite collaborators to the project
- View the team access:how members of your team can interact with the file
- View the link sharing settings:
- Define how people can find and access your file
- Define what level of access those collaborators will have
- See who the Owner of the file is
- See which collaborators have explicit access to the file
- Click the arrow to update permissions for each collaborator
- Click Copy link to copy a link to the File. If you have a specific Frame selected, you can also choose Link to selected frame.
- Click Get embed to copy the embed code.
- Click the icon to access advanced settings to Allow viewers to copy, share, or export from the file.
Note: It's not possible to give an Editor on a team Can View access to an individual file. You can only do this in if you are inviting them to an invite-only or view-only project.