Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any Figma plan
Users can invite anyone to files in their Drafts
Only Team Owners, Team Admins, and Editors can invite collaborators to team files
We recommend you read our Viewer, Editor and Admin Permissions article first, before you read this one. This covers our different permission levels in detail.
At Figma, we encourage collaboration throughout the entire design and development process.
Invite collaborators to your Files when you:
- Start to brainstorm a new Project with your Team
- Need input from your copywriter or Product Marketing team
- Need to share work in progress with a manager or client
- Want feedback on a prototype during user testing
- Handing off final designs to a developer
You can share Files in your Drafts, or Files from a Project in a Team.
You can choose what Permissions collaborators have on your Files.
In this article, we'll explore the File Sharing modal. Check out the articles below to learn more:
- Invite a Viewer or Editor to a File
- Adjust Permissions on a File
- Remove a collaborator from a File
- Share Files with Link Sharing
- Prevent Viewers from Copying or Sharing Files
File Sharing Modal
You control who has access to a File via the File Sharing Modal.
You can access this in a few places:
In the Editor
- Click the Share button in the Toolbar
From the Project
- Right-click on the File Thumbnail
- Select Share from the options
From the File Sharing Modal you can:
- View which Project the File is in: Move Files between Drafts, Teams, Projects and Accounts
- Invite Collaborators to the Project
- View the Team Access - how members of your Team can interact with the File
- View the Link Sharing settings
- Define how people can find and access your Files
- Define what level of access those collaborators will have
- See who the File Owner is
- See who else has access to the File
- Update Permissions for Collaborators
- Copy a link to the File.
- Copy the Embed code.
Tip! If you have a specific Frame selected, you can also choose Link to selected frame.
- Enable or disable the "Viewers can copy and share" setting
Note: It's not possible to give someone Can View access to a File, if they are an Editor on the Team. You can only do this if you are inviting them to a Project with Advanced Project Permissions.