Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any Figma plan
You must be an Editor on the Project to move a File to another Team or Project
If a File is in your Recent Files, then there are a couple of actions you can perform:
- Show the File in its current Project
- Remove the File from your Recents
- Move the File to another Project
Note: You must be an Editor on the Project to move a File to another Team or Project
Show the File
If you're not sure where the File is located, you can access the File from your Recent Files.
- Right-click on the File in your Recent Files.
- Select Show in Project
- Figma will open the Project Page in the File Browser.
Remove the File
To remove a File from your Recent Files:
- Right-click on the File in the File Browser to open the File menu
- Select Remove from Recent from the options
- We will remove the File from your Recent Files. You will still be able to access the File from the appropriate Project or File Space.
Want to leave the File completely? If Components from that File are still showing up in your other Files, you can leave the File. Learn more in our Remove Files from your Library article.
Move the File
You can move Files between Projects, even if these Projects are in different Teams.
If you move a File outside of a Team, Team members may no longer be able to access it. Only invited Team Members will still have access.
- Go to your Recent Files in the File Browser
- Right-click on the File to open the File menu and select Share.
- Click the arrow next to the current Project and select Move to Project
- You can then select which Project to move it to. You can:
- Search for the Team or Project using the field provided:
- Choose an existing Project within another Team. Only favorited projects will appear in the window.
- Click the + New Project link under another Team's name to create a new Project within that Team: