Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users with Edit access to a file can can make changes to a main Component and publish updates to a Team Library.
Made a change to Style and Components? Or want to add more Styles and Components to a published file? You'll need to publish your changes to the Team Library.
Publish Changes made to Components
When you make a change to a published Style or Component, you will need to publish that change to the Team Library.
You can publish changes from a few places.
Figma will display a publish notification when you make a change to a published Component. Click Publish to open the Library window.
Team Library Icon
A blue dot will appear on the Team Library icon in the Assets Panel to show that you have pending updates.
- Open the Assets Panel
- Click the Team Library icon to open the Library modal:
- Next to the Current File, click the Publish changes prompt to open the publishing window.
- Add a description and review any changes.
- Click Publish to publish your updates to the Library.
Publishing Additional Styles or Components
If you have already published a file to your Library, you can also publish additional Styles and Components.
This is great if you are missing Components, or want to add more Styles and Components to to your Library.
- Open on the Assets tab in the Layers Panel. Or, use the keyboard shortcuts:
- Mac: ⌥ Option - 2
- Windows: Alt + 2
- In the Private to this file section you will find Components that aren't in your Library.
- Right-click on the Component in the list and select Add to Library
- A notification will confirm that Figma has published the Component to your Library.