Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users with Edit access to a file can publish files as a Team Library.
If you have a file containing Styles or Components you want to publish to your Team Library, you can publish them all at once from the Publishing modal.
The Publishing modal allows you to:
- Add a description of your file. This will appear in the file's Version History.
- Remove Styles and Components you don't want to Publish.
- Publish Styles and Components to your Team Library.
You can open the Publishing modal a few ways.
From the file name
When you have nothing selected in the canvas, you can see the file name in the center Toolbar:
- Click the arrow next to the file name:
- Choose Publish Styles and Components from the options:
From the Assets Tab
You can also publish Styles and Components from the Team Library modal. This is accessible from the Assets tab in the Layers Panel.
- Click on the Assets tab in the Layers Panel or use the Keyboard Shortcuts:
- MacOS: Option-2
- Windows: Alt + 2
- Click on the Team Library icon on the right of the Panel:
- At the top of the page you will see the Current file. Click Publish:
Using the Keyboard Shortcut
You can use the following Keyboard Shortcuts to open the Library modal:
- MacOS: Option-3
- Windows: Alt + 3
From here, you can click Publish next to the Current file:
You can then complete the rest of the process via the Publishing modal. This allows you to review your Styles and Components before Publishing:
- You can add a Description of changes in the field provided:
- To review the Styles & Components, click the arrow next to the Styles & Components heading:
- To remove any Styles or Components from the published file, right-click on the Style/Component and select Remove from Library:
- When you're ready, select Publish to publish the file to your Team Library.
- A notification will confirm your file has been successfully published:
Tip! If you are a member of an Organization, you can also choose to publish the library to the entire Organization. Learn more in our Publish files to to an Organization article.