Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on Student, Professional, and Organization Plans can publish Components.
Users with Edit access to a File can publish Files as a Team Library.
You may have Components in a Library that you don't want to publish.
This could be a Component that's nested within another Component, that doesn't get used on its own. Or, a Component that is still a work in progress.
You can create Private Components at any step of the publishing process.
Before Publishing: Add a modifier to the Component's Name
You can ensure your Components are private before you publish your Team Library. Add a modifier to the Component's name in the Layers Panel:
- Add a period . to the beginning of the Component's name.
- Add an underscore _ to the beginning of the Component's name.
If you add a period or underscore after a Component has been published, it will be removed from your library the next time you publish any changes.
The publishing modal will skip over any Components using this naming structure during the Publishing process. You'll see these Component listed in the Private to this File section.
Note: If you want to publish these Components, you will need to remove the "." or "_" and publish the Components individually. Learn more about publishing individual Components in our Publish Changes to the Team Library article.
While Publishing: Remove Components from the Publishing Modal
You can remove Components and Styles from your Team Library, during the publishing process.
From the Publishing modal:
- Click the arrow next to Styles and Components to view your Styles and Components.
- Right-click on the Style/Component in the list.
- Select Remove from library:
After Publishing: Un-Publish Components
You can remove a Component that has already been published.
- Open up the Assets tab in the Layers Panel. Use the Keyboard Shortcuts:
- MacOS: Option-2
- Windows: Alt + 2
- Find or search for the Component you'd like to remove.
- Right-click on the Component and select Remove from Library.
- Publish your changes to the library via the prompt.