When your designs are ready, you can share your Prototype with others.
When sharing a Prototype, you can decide if collaborators can also access the file, or just the prototype. This is useful if you’re sharing Prototypes with people outside your Team or Organization.
Every prototype has a unique URL or link. Files and Prototypes have the same URL, the only thing that changes is the prefix.
- File: /file/ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ/Sample-File?node-id=0%3A1
- Prototype: /proto/ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ/Sample-File?node-id=0%3A1
Note: Adjusting some Presentation View settings in the Options menu will update the prototype's share link. Make sure to copy the updated link after making any changes to:
- Scale sizing
- Show hotspot hints
- Show toolbar and footer
Share Prototypes from the File sharing modal. You can access the File sharing modal from the menu bar in both the Editor and in Presentation View.
- Click Share Prototype in the menu bar.
- In the Invite someone field, enter their email address or name if they’re part of your Organization.
- Set their access level. By default, their access will be set to Can view prototypes only.
Note: When you invite people from outside your Organization to a Prototype, Figma will also add them to the Organization as Guests.
Click Share Prototype while in Presentation View to adjust the Link Sharing settings for the Prototype.
- When in Presentation View, click Share Prototype in the menu bar.
- Adjust the Link Sharing Discovery settings using the drop down provided. Choose from:
- Anyone with a link (default)
- Anyone at [Organization] with a link
- Anyone at [Organization]
- Only people invited to this file
- Can view (default)
- Can edit
- Can view prototypes only (Professional and Organization plans only)
- Can view prototypes only
- Cannot access (the File or Prototype)
- Click the Edit icon in the bottom-right corner of the Share modal.
- Select Allow Viewers to copy and share to turn this setting off and on.
Note: This setting is only available to Education and Professional Teams, or Teams in an Organization. This is not available on free plans (Starter).
Tip! To share the prototype with the current permissions, copy the Prototyping link from your browser’s address bar.
Embed a Prototype
Figma Live embeds allow you to add live Figma files or prototypes into other websites or applications.
You can embed any file or prototype, regardless of the file's link sharing settings. This includes files with View prototype only access.
- Open the prototype in Presentation View.
- Click the Share button to open the sharing modal.
- Click the Get embed code link.
- Click Copy to add the embed code to your clipboard.
- Add the code to your website, or a browser-based platform that supports custom html.