Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any Plan
macOS: You must be running 10.11 (OS X El Capitan), or later.
Windows: You must be running Windows 8 or later in a 64-bit environment.
Learn more about supported platforms in our Supported Platforms and Browsers article. To find out which version of operating system you're using:
Figma has a desktop app available for macOS and Windows. You can download the Desktop app to run Figma "natively" on your computer.
- Head to the Apple menu in the top-left corner.
- Select About this Mac from the options.
- The version number will be displayed under the version name.
- Click the Start button.
- Enter "Computer" in the search box.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Identify the version under the Windows edition field.
Note: It's not possible to run the Figma Desktop app behind a proxy. If you're using a Proxy, you will need to use Figma in the browser instead.
Download the Desktop App
- Download the Figma Desktop app:
- The Figma desktop app will be downloaded to the location you have configured. Click on the downloaded file to run the installer.
- Move the Figma icon from the Downloads folder to your Applications folder.
- Delete the Installer from your Desktop or Downloads folder.
- Open the Figma app to get started.