Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any Plan
You will need to have a Figma account to be able to use the Figma Mirror app
iOS: You must be running 11.0.1 or later
Android: You must be running Android 7.0 - 9.0 or later
Learn more about supported platforms in our Supported Platforms and Browsers article. To find out which version of operating system you're using:
You can preview your designs on a mobile device to see how they look and feel on an actual device. You can use the Figma Mirror app to preview both static designs and Prototyping interactions.
This allows you to simulate a more realistic and immersive environment, without the browser header and footer.
There are a few approaches available when it comes to previewing your designs:
You can preview any design on your mobile by opening a Prototyping link in your mobile browser. This will allow you to navigate through any Prototyping Connections.
If you are sharing your File via Public Link Access, anyone with the link will be able to view your Prototype. If the File isn't shared via Public Link Access, you will only need a free Figma account to view the File.
We will display your designs inside a regular browser window, so the browser's header and footer will still be visible. This approach doesn't replicate a true "in-app" experience, so is better suited for mobile web designs.
Figma Mirror app preview
To better replicate an immersive app environment, you can use the Figma Mirror app, which allows you to preview a scaled version of your design.
To use the Figma Mirror app, you will need to login to the Web or Desktop app, and the Mirror app, at the same time. Figma will show any Frame you select on the Web or Desktop app, in the Figma Mirror app.
Note: The Mirror app will scale your content proportionately, to match the width of your device.
The Figma Mirror app will work on either Wi-fi or cellular data. You don't need to connect to the same Wi-fi network to establish a connection between the two.
- Sign in to the desktop app, or desktop browser:
- Sign in to the Figma Mirror app using the same account:
- On the desktop, select the Frame you wish to view. You can select any top-level Frame or Component
- The Figma Mirror app will display the selected Frame.
The Figma Mirror app will scale your content to the width of the device you are previewing it on.
Using Figma Mirror in the Browser
You can also access Figma Mirror via the browser. We recommend this approach if your device isn't supported or you want to preview designs in a web browser.
- Open the Figma Desktop app, or in a browser window.
- Open the File you want to preview.
- Open the mobile browser on your device.
- Visit https://www.figma.com/mirror
- Login using your account details.
- On the File, select the Frame you wish to preview.
- We will display the selected Frame in the Figma Mirror browser.
Tip! You can enter full screen mode using
- Mac: Command Shift F
- Windows: Ctrl Shift F
To get started, you will need to add Prototyping connections to your design. This lets us know how you want the design to respond when you interact with it.
If you're new to Prototyping in Figma, we recommend reading the following articles:
- For more information on Prototyping Interactions and Transitions, we recommend reading Getting Started with Prototyping.
- To create your first Prototype, check out our Build Prototypes with Interactions and Animations article.
- Log into Figma and the Figma Mirror app under the same login details.
- On the desktop, open the File you want to Preview.
- Select the starting Frame of the Prototype:
- Figma will load the same Frame in the Figma Mirror app:
- You can then interact with any Frames in that file with Prototyping connections.
If you are having trouble using the Figma Mirror app, we recommend the following:
- Make sure you're using a device that is currently supported. Learn more in our Supported Platforms and Browsers article.
- Make sure you're logged into both the desktop version and Figma Mirror app under the same account. You may need to Sign out and Sign in again to confirm.
- If you're running into issues while previewing, you may need to force quit the app and restart it on your device.
- If problems persist, we recommend uninstalling the app and downloading it again. Find the Figma Mirror app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
If you're still having issues with using the Mirror App, please get in touch with the Figma Support Team. Click the " ?" in the bottom-right corner of the app and select "Get Help". Or, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.