Before you start
Who can use this feature
Anyone on a Professional team can switch to an annual subscription.
Only Team Owners or Team Admins can update billing details, including switching to an annual subscription.
If you are on a monthly plan, Figma will bill you for your plan every month. Figma bases your plan price on the number of Editors currently on your Professional team.
To reduce admin, you can choose to switch to an annual subscription instead. This allows you to pay for an entire year of Figma upfront.
When you switch, Figma will charge you for your annual subscription at your next monthly billing date.
You can choose to renew your annual subscription the following year. Figma will send a reminder 30 days before your annual subscription is due to renew.
Switch to an annual subscription
Caution: If you switch to an annual plan, it's not possible to switch back to a monthly plan.
- Open the team in the file browser.
- Click the Settings tab at the top of the page.
- Click the Open Admin Dashboard link.
- Click the Add Annual Plan button in the top-right corner.
- View the current Number of Editors included and the expected Subscription cost.
- Every Editor in your team takes up "Seat". If you plan on adding more collaborators to your team, you can Add more seats to your annual Plan.
- Enter the number in the field provided. Click outside of the field to apply. You can still add extra editors to your subscription throughout the billing period.
- Click the Accept Terms and Upgrade button to complete the process.
- Figma will charge you for the annual subscription at your next monthly billing date.
Figma will notify you 30 days before your next billing date to confirm you would like to renew your annual subscription.
Note: At the moment, Figma only collects sales tax in Russia, and selected states in the United States. If your billing address is outside of those countries you will not see any tax on your invoices. Learn more about sales tax in Figma →
Add Editors to an annual subscription
When you sign up for an annual subscription you can choose how many Editors you will need. It's likely that this number will change throughout your billing period.
You can still add extra Editors to your account throughout your billing period. If you add more Editors to your team on an annual subscription, Figma will bill you for those Editors on a monthly plan. We refer to this as "co-terming".
To add extra Editors on a monthly basis, you can invite them to your team as you would normally. Figma will charge you for those Editors on your next monthly billing date. You will have the opportunity to pay for those Editor seats annually, when you renew your annual subscription.
If you want to add Editors to your annual plan instead, you can reach out to the Figma support team on firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll pay a pro-rated charge that covers each Editor for the rest of your annual billing period. This is a manual process and you will need to speak to the Figma support team for any extra Editor you want to add.
You won't need to buy more Editor seats if you are removing an Editor and adding a new one.