Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on the Figma Organization Plan
Only Organization Admins can whitelist, install and uninstall plugins for everyone in the Organization
Within an Organization, you have even more control over how you use and share plugins.
- Create plugins that are only available to your Organization
- Share Organization plugins with the wider Figma community
- Control which plugins can be run in the Organization with a Plugin Whitelist
- Install or uninstall plugins for everyone in the Organization
Publish Plugins in an Organization
Within an Organization, members can choose to publish Plugins:
- Publicly to the Figma Community
- Privately to the Organization
Only Organization Admins can publish to the Organization's Community profile
When an Organization member publishes a Plugin to the Community, we list the plugin on the Figma Plugin Page with the Organization as the Publisher.
Anyone inside or outside of your Organization can then install those plugins.
Any member of the Organization can publish a private plugin to the Organization
In an Organization, you can choose to share your plugin just with the members of your Organization.This allow members of your Organization to view and use your plugins. People from outside of your Organization won't be able to access these plugins.
When a member shares a plugin with the Organization, Figma lists that member as the plugin's Publisher. We will only attribute the plugin to the Organization if or when it is published publicly.
Members can find Private plugins in the Organization section of the Plugins Page:
An Organization Admin can change a plugin's access, at any time. This allows you to update a Public plugin so that it's only shared with the Organization, or share a popular private plugin with the wider Figma Community.
- Go to the Plugins page.
- Click the three dots next to the Plugin you want to change:
- You can then choose to set the plugin Access as Private or Public.
Note: If you're changing a plugin from private to public, it will need to go through our review process. Learn more about private plugins in our Share plugins with your Organization article.
Browse Organization Plugins
If you are part of an Organization, you can view a list of your Organization's plugins.
- Plugins that Organization members create and are private to your Organization. You'll see the specific member's name as the Publisher.
- Plugins created by your Organization that they have published publicly.
- Public plugins that an Organization Admin has whitelisted.
From the Plugins Page, click the See all link in the Organization section:
You can Browse, Find and Install Plugins via your Organization Space. As well as in your Personal Space.
- Any plugins you install in your Personal Space will be available in your Organization space. And vice versa.
- Use any Organization plugins you install in your personal space.
Learn more about switching between your Organization and Personal Space.
Whitelist Plugins in an Organization
We take the privacy and security of our users very seriously.
Every Plugin that's listed on the Figma Plugin Page will go through a review process. This ensures they meet our recommendations around privacy and security.
Learn more about the approval process in our Review Guidelines article.
In an Organization, you can also enable a Plugin Whitelist. This gives you even greater control over which Plugins your members have access to.
- You can still use plugins that have been privately published to the Organization.
- Organization members can only install public plugins that are on the whitelist. They will still be able to view public plugins that aren't on the whitelist.
- There isn't currently a way for members to request a plugin, in Figma. They will need to contact an Organization Admin directly to add a plugin to the whitelist.
Enable the Plugin Whitelist
- Open the Admin Console and go to the Plugins tab.
- Click the Enable Whitelist button:
- We will enable the waitlist immediately and display an Active badge.
Add a Plugin to the Whitelist
This will allow members of the Organization to install and run these plugins in Organization Files.
- Go to the Plugin listing that you want to whitelist.
- Copy the link to the plugin in the Share section:
- Open the Admin Console and go to the Plugins tab.
- Click the + icon:
- Paste the plugin link in the field provided and click the Whitelist button to confirm:
- We will add the Plugin to the whitelist:
To remove a plugin from the whitelist, click the - icon next to the plugin:
Report a Plugin: You can report any plugins that are inappropriate, or look suspicious.
- Go to the Plugin's listing.
- Click the Flag as Inappropriate link (under the Share section).
- This will open a window where you can send us a message. Use the field provided to add any relevant details.
- Click Send a message. This will send a message to our plugin review team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Install Plugins for an Organization
If you are an Organization Admin, you can install plugins for the entire Organization.
If you have enabled the Plugin Whitelist, this action will also whitelist the plugin.
Note: It's not possible to install a plugin for just a specific Team in the Organization.
- Find the plugin you'd like to install.
- Click the arrow next to the Install button.
- Select Install for everyone at Organization.
- We will add the Plugin to the Installed by <Organization> section of the Plugins Page.
Uninstall Plugins for an Organization
If you are an Organization Admin, you can also choose to uninstall a plugin. This will remove it for the entire Organization.
- View a list of plugins that were Installed by Organization on the Plugins Page: https://www.figma.com/plugins
- Click the minus icon - next to the plugin you want to remove.
- Click Uninstall to confirm.
Or, uninstall plugins from the Browser Plugins page and the Plugin listing.
- Hover over the Installed button.
- Click the arrow next to Uninstall and select Installed for everyone at Figma.
- When prompted, click Uninstall to confirm.