Creating a Figma Team lets you invite collaborators to a shared space for all of your Projects and design Files.
Teams are for everyone, whether you're working alone on a final project for your Portfolio, or with a large team on the early phases of a new product.
We have a few different plans available for Teams. You will need to choose a subscription plan when you create a Team.
We offer Starter and Student Teams (free), and Professional Teams (Paid).Free Teams have some restrictions applied e.g. maximum number of Editors or Projects.
If you're part of a larger company, our Organization plan allows you to create unlimited Teams.
Create a Team
Want to create a Student Team? You will need to Apply for a Student Team and Verify your Student Status. You can do this after you create your Team.
- Click the New Team button in the bottom-left of the File Browser.
- Or, follow this link: https://www.figma.com/files/create-team
- Give your Team a name and click Create Team.
- Next you can Add your Collaborators. Enter their email address in the field provided.
Tip! Click Skip for now to invite collaborators after you've created your Team.
- Click Continue to move to the next step.
- Choose your Plan.
- Click Starter to create a Free Starter Plan. We'll take you straight to the Team Page.
- Select Upgrade to Professional to purchase a paid subscription.
- Use the [+] and [-] buttons to choose how many Editor Seats you'd like to buy. You can buy more than you currently have. (Each Editor occupies a Seat)
- Use the drop down to select the Monthly or Annual plan. This is set to Annual by default.
- Click Continue to Payment.
- Enter your payment details in the fields provided. You'll need to provide:
- Your 16 digit Credit Card Number, Expiry Date, and CSV.
- Your Postal Address. This should match the address that your credit card is registered under.
- Click Next to review to proceed.
- We'll show you a summary of your plan details. Read over Figma's Terms of Service.
- Click Accept Terms and Upgrade. We will charge your card and update your account immediately.
Learn more in our Upgrade to a Professional Team article.