Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on a Starter or Education team can upgrade to a Professional team.
Users with Edit, Admin, or Owner access on the team.
Teams give you access to a dedicated workspace where you can create files and projects.
There are three different types of teams available. Learn more in our Teams and plans in Figma article.
A Professional team gives you access to:
- Unlimited Projects
- Unlimited Editors (at $15/month per Editor or $144/year per Editor)
- Unlimited Version History
- Publishing Components to your Team Library
- Advanced Project Permissions
Note: Upgrading a team to a Professional plan only applies to that individual team, not your account.
Upgrade your team
Upgrade any Starter or Education team to a Professional team. You will need:
✅ A team to upgrade or create a new team.
✅ To be an Owner, Admin, Editor of the team you want to upgrade
✅ A confirmation of how many Editors you will need
✅ Your credit card and billing address (Paypal, ACH or wire transfer is not available)
Note: If an Editor upgrades the team to a Professional team, that user will be upgraded to an Admin of the team. Team Admins can manage billing for the team.
You may be prompted to upgrade to a Professional team:
- From the left-hand panel of the File Browser if you're not part of a Professional team
- When previewing features available in a Professional plan
- When reaching a limit of your current plan
Otherwise, you can always create a team and upgrade it to a Professional plan from the team's settings page.
To get started:
- Open the Team Page of the team you want to upgrade.
- Go to the Settings tab:
- Click the Upgrade Plan button.
- Use the [-] and [+] buttons to choose how many Editor Seats you'd like to buy. You can buy extra Editor seats now, or add extra Editors to your team at any time.
- Use the drop down to select the Monthly or Annual plan. This is set to Annual by default.
- Click Continue to Payment.
- Enter your payment details in the fields provided. You'll need to provide:
- Your 16 digit Credit Card Number, Expiry Date, and CSV.
- Your Postal Address. This should match the address that your credit card is registered under.
- Click Next to review to view a summary of your plan details. Read over Figma's Terms of Service.
- Click Accept Terms and Upgrade. We will charge your card and update your account immediately.
Want to add more Editors? You can add more Editors to your account at any time.
- If you are on a Monthly subscription, Figma will include that Editor in your next month's invoice.
- If you are on an Annual subscription, Figma will charge you the full monthly rate ($15/month per Editor) for each Editor. Figma will create a new monthly invoice for the following month.
If you have an annual subscription and want to buy more seats - or convert a monthly seat to an annual seat - please contact Figma Support.