Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on a Starter or Education team can upgrade to a Professional plan.
Anyone with can edit access or are an existing admin or owner of the team can upgrade the team.
Teams give you access to dedicated files and projects. There are three different types of teams available. Learn more about teams and plans in Figma →
A Professional plan allows you to:
- Create unlimited projects
- Invite as many Figma design editors as you need (at $15/month per editor or $144/year per editor)
- Invite as many FigJam editors as you need
- Access the full version history of a file
- Publish styles and components to your team library
- Create view-only or invite-only projects
Note: Upgrading a team to a Professional plan only applies to that individual team, not your entire account.
Upgrade your team
Upgrade any Starter or Education team to a Professional plan. You will need:
✅ A team to upgrade or create a new team.
✅ To be an owner or admin of, or have edit access to the team you want to upgrade.
✅ A confirmation of how many editors you will need.
✅ A valid credit card and billing address (Paypal, ACH or wire transfer is not available).
Note: If an editor upgrades the team to a Professional plan, Figma will upgrade that user to an admin of the team. Admins can view and manage billing for the entire team.
You may be prompted to upgrade to a Professional plan:
- From the left-hand panel of the file browser if you're not part of a Professional plan.
- When previewing features available in a Professional plan.
- When you reach one of the editor or project limits of your current plan.
Otherwise, you can always create a team and upgrade it to a Professional plan from the team's settings page.
To get started:
- From the file browser, click on the team name in the left sidebar.
- Select the Settings tab at the top of the file browser.
- Select the Upgrade your plan option.
- Use the [-] and [+] buttons to choose how many editor Seats you'd want to buy. You can buy extra editor seats now, or add extra editors to your team at any time.
- Use the drop down to select the Monthly or Annual plan, this is set to annual by default. If you qualify for a free Education plan, this is where you can select Education plan.
- Click Continue to payment.
- Enter your payment details in the fields provided. You'll need to provide:
- Your 16 digit Credit Card Number, Expiry Date, and CSV.
- Your Postal Address. This should match the address that your credit card is registered under.
- Click Next to review to view a summary of your plan details. Read over Figma's Terms of Service.
- Click Accept Terms and Upgrade. Figma will charge your credit card and update your account immediately.
Want to add more editors? You can add more editors to your account at any time.
- Monthly subscription: Figma will include that editor in your next month's invoice.
- Annual subscription: Figma will charge you the full monthly rate ($15/month per editor) for each editor. Figma will create a new monthly invoice for the following month.
If you have an annual subscription and want to buy more seats, you can convert monthly seats to annual seats. Learn how to add more editors to a team →