Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on Figma Organization Plan
Only Team Admins or Owners can update Organization Access .
In a Figma Organization, you can create as many teams as you need. Every team can have its own projects, files, fonts and shared libraries. Learn more in our Teams in an Organization article.
Members can be a part of more than one team and can browse a list of teams on the Organization page.
Control which teams members can discover with Org Access.
Tip! We use the term Member below as defined in our Permissions in an Organization article.
There are three levels of Org Access:
Every member of an Organization will be able to search for and find an open team. Figma shows open teams on the Organization Page, and in the Teams tab in the Admin Console.
- Members can search, view, and discover any files or projects within an open team.
- Members can join an open team, without requiring an invitation from an existing member.
- If you join an Open Team, Figma will give you Viewer permissions by default. An Editor or Team Admin can upgrade you to an Editor.
Every member of an Organization will be able to search for and find a closed team. Figma shows closed teams on the Organization page, and in the teams tab.
- Organization Members won't be able to view any files or projects within that team, unless they are part of it.
- Members can Request to Join a closed team. A Team Admin will need to confirm your request, before we add you to the Team.
- An Editor or Admin in that team can invite other members to the team.
Figma hides secret teams from members of the Organization who aren't in those teams. Secret teams don't appear on the Organization page, or in the Teams tab.
- An Editor or Admin of that team will need to Invite you to a Secret Team. That will allow you to access any Files or Projects within it.
Figma restrict invitations by your permissions:
- Only Team Admins or Owners can grant other members Admin permissions.
- Team Admins or Editors can invite other members to a Team as Editors.
- Viewers can only invite other members to a Team as Viewers.
Learn more about permissions in an Organization.
Note: Organization Admins won't be able to view or access a secret team, unless they are a member of that Team. Admins will be able to see the team name, and any activity, in the Organization's Activity Logs.
Update a Team's Org Access
You can set a Team's Org Access when you first create the Team.
After you have created the Team, only Team Owners or Admins can update the Org Access.
- Click on the team in the File Browser.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Click the arrow next to the current Access within Organization
- Select the new Org Access level from the options: