Who can use this feature
Supported on Organization and Enterprise plans.
Only organization admins can manage default libraries.
In an organization, you can publish libraries to a team in the organization, or share them with the entire organization. This makes styles and components available in all organization files.
To make a library available to the organization, organization admins can check the box to Allow any member of organization to access this file when publishing their library.
This updates the link sharing settings of that file and allows members to access styles and components from the library. Guests can only access libraries you invite them to. Add and remove libraries →
Organization admins can also make a library available to all teams in the organization.
Tip! You can also use a file's link sharing settings to define how members of the organization can find and interact with files. Learn more about sharing links in an organization →
Organization admins can manage shared libraries under Admin settings > Resources.
- Open the organization workspace.
- Select Admin settings in the sidebar.
- Select the Resources page and then select the Libraries tab.
- View a list of available libraries in the library modal. Every library corresponds to a file with published styles and components.
- Click Off next to the library to adjust.
- Choose which files to make the library available in:
- Design files
- FigJam files
- All files
- If the file isn't shared with everyone in the organization, Figma will prompt you to share the file. Select Change privacy and enable to allow members to access the library.
- Repeat for any other libraries. Figma will make all of those libraries available in any files in the organization workspace, including member's drafts.
- To remove a library, click next to the current setting and select Off.
Tip! Members of organizations also get access to design system analytics. These analytics allow you to track how members of your organization are using components in files. Learn more about design system analytics →
Access organization libraries
When you make a library available in a design file, you can:
- Find and apply styles using the style pickers in the right sidebar. Apply styles to layers in Figma design →
- Drag components into the canvas from the Assets panel in the left sidebar. Add components to your designs →
Access components, along with stickers curated by Figma, from the Stickers tab in the toolbox modal. Use stickers and components from libraries →