Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on a free Starter Team Plan can apply for a free Student Team.
You must be 13 years of age, be a student or educator with an accredited institution, and sign up using your school-issued email address.
We use an automated process to verify if your email address is registered to an accredited institution.
Your application may be declined if:
- You have used a personal address
- The address you used is not currently recognized by our registry
If this happens, reach out to Figma Support by clicking the "?" icon in the bottom-right corner of your Figma account and choosing Get Help. Or, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will allow us to add your institution to the registry, so any future applications are also successful.
You may need to provide us with the following:
- The URL of the institution you are enrolled with.
- Your school-issued email address.
- A copy of your school-issued identification card.
- If you do not have an ID card, then you may need to provide us with your current transcripts.
Note: We do not accept ISIC (International Student Identification Card) as a form of identification. However, you can send us a copy of your proof of enrollment document to verify your status.