Before you start
Who can use this feature
Anyone with a Figma account, on any team or plan can view, install, and run plugins.
View installed plugins
View and manage your installed plugins, and any plugins you're developing, from the plugins tab in your account settings.
- Open the file browser in Figma.
- Click on the account menu in the top-right and select Plugins.
- View plugins by Installed, In development, and Published.
Want to manage plugins you have developed? Learn how to manage plugins as a developer →
When you uninstall a plugin, Figma will immediately remove it from your account. You can always install the plugin if you want to use it again.
You can uninstall plugins from a few places:
Install plugins from your installed plugins page. This is great if you want to remove more than one plugin.
- Open the plugins page to view your installed plugins.
- In the Installed column, click the minus icon next to the plugin you want to remove.
You can also uninstall plugins from the plugin page, or from search results in the Figma Community. Hover over the Installed button and select Uninstall.
In an Organization? Organization Admins can install and uninstall plugins for Organization members. Learn how to manage plugins in an Organization.
Contact plugin developers
Figma is not able to provide support for third-party applications, including plugins. If you have questions about, or issues with a plugin, we recommend reaching out to the developer.
Every plugin must provide a Support Contact. This can be an email address, a website, or a link to a help center. Find the Support contact in the details of the plugin page.
Open the plugin from the Editor
- Open the menu in the top-left corner of Figma.
- Select Plugins > Manage Plugins.
- Figma will open the Plugin page in your account. Click on the plugin in the Installed column to view the plugin page.
- Copy the details in the Support contact section.
- Visit the website or help center for the plugin, or send an email to the developer.
Plugin(s) not showing up in the Editor? If you are a member of an Organization, Admins can restrict which public plugins you can install and use.
Reach out to an Organization Admin to request a plugin for approval.
When an Organization enables the approve list, you can't use any plugins your Organization hasn't approved. You can still use any existing plugins you have installed in your personal space.
Report a plugin
Report plugins that are inappropriate, or look suspicious, to the Figma team.
- Open the plugin page.
- Click the Flag as inappropriate link at the bottom of the page.
- Use the field in the help modal to add any relevant details.
- Click Send a message to send your feedback to the plugin review team.