Before you start
Who can use this feature
Anyone with a Figma account, on any team or plan can view, install, and run plugins
View installed plugins
The Plugins page allows you to view and manage your installed plugins, as well as any plugins you are developing yourself. To open the plugins page:
- Open the file browser in Figma.
- Click on your name in the top-left corner to view your account.
- Select the Plugins tab.
- View your Installed plugins, as well as any In Development or Published.
Want to manage plugins you have developed? Learn more about managing plugins as a developer.
When you uninstall a plugin, Figma will immediately remove it from your account. You can always install the plugin if you want to use it again.
You can uninstall plugins from your plugin page. This is great if you want to remove more than one plugin.
- Open the plugins page to view your installed plugins.
- In the Installed column, click the minus icon next to the plugin you want to remove.
You can also uninstall plugins from the plugin page, or from search results in the Figma Community. Hover over the Installed button and select Uninstall.
In an Organization? Organization Admins can install and uninstall plugins for Organization members. Learn how to manage plugins in an Organization.
Troubleshoot issues with plugins
Figma is not able to provide support for third-party applications, including plugins. If you have questions about, or issues with a plugin, we recommend reaching out to the developer.
Every plugin must provide a Support Contact. This can be an email address, a website, or a link to a help center. Find the Support contact in the details of the plugin page.
Open the plugin from the Editor
- Open the menu in the top-left corner of Figma.
- Select Plugins > Manage Plugins.
- Figma will open the Plugin page in your account. Click on the plugin in the Installed column to view the plugin page.
- Copy the details in the Support contact section.
- Visit the website or help center for the plugin, or send an email to the developer.
Plugin(s) not showing up in the Editor? If you are a member of an Organization, Admins can restrict which public plugins you can install and use.
Reach out to an Organization Admin to request a plugin for approval.
When an Organization enables the approve list, you can't use any plugins your Organization hasn't approved. You can still use any existing plugins you have installed in your personal space.
Report a plugin
Report plugins that are inappropriate, or look suspicious, to the Figma team.
- Open the plugin page.
- Click the Flag as inappropriate link at the bottom of the page.
- Use the field in the help modal to add any relevant details.
- Click Send a message to send your feedback to the plugin review team.