There are a few ways you can adjust the size of a text layer.
Drag to resize
Every text layer will have a blue bounding box around it. This bounding box controls how Figma positions and arranges text on the canvas.
If you would like to change the size of a Text layer, you can adjust the bounding box. Adjust the bounding box with the Move tool selected.
- Select the Text layer you'd like to edit.
- Hover over the section of the bounding box you would like to change. Your cursor will change to the Scale icon.
- Click and drag to change the dimensions of the bounding box.
- Figma will reposition the text within the layer based on its current alignment properties.
Use the Scale tool
We recommend using the Font Size property to adjust the size of your Text. However, you can also use the Scale tool to resize text. This is handy when you want to resize a group of elements at once.
Note: Scaling a Text layer can result in fractional Font sizes. We recommend changing the size of a text layer by adjusting the Font size to ensure whole numbers.
- Select the Scale tool in the move drop down in the toolbar. Or, press the K keyboard shortcut.
- Select the Text layer and hover over the bounding box until the Scale handle appears.
- Click and drag to Scale your Text. The Font Size will change in the Text section of the Properties Panel.