Who can use this feature
Supported on the Organization and Enterprise plans.
Organization admins and workspace admins can manage members and guests in an organization.
Figma has two products: Figma design and FigJam. Everyone in an organization has has a role on each product. A person's role determines their billing status, if they’re included in your billing. It also controls what activities they can do in design or FigJam files.
Who can manage roles
Organization plan: organization admins can manage roles for everyone in the organization. They can review and confirm editors and finalize invoices for true-ups.
Enterprise plan: workspace admins can help organization admins with managing roles. They can manage roles for people in the workspaces they’re an admin of. They can also review and confirm any new editor seats during a true-up.
Note: Roles are set an an organization level, they are just one part of Figma’s permissions model. You can control which resources someone can view or edit using team, project, and file permissions. Guide to sharing and permissions →
View members tab
View and manage roles for members and guests in the Members tab.
- Open the organization in Figma.
- Select Admin settings in the left sidebar.
- Select Members in the menu bar.
Workspace admins can switch between workspaces when viewing members. Use the tabs at the top of the member list to switch between workspaces and Unassigned.
View activity and access
View member and guest activity and access to decide who needs access.
View the dates of their Last edit and when they were Last active.
- Click Last edit date to see the last Figma design and FigJam file they edited.
- Click Last active to open the Recent activity modal for that person.
View their current Design role and FigJam role. If they’re an editor, you can see the date they were upgraded.
Click in the person's row and select View user activity. This opens the Recent activity modal.
- View the Upgrade date and related Upgrade event.
- View the last five events in the member's history. For each event, you'll see the date, activity description, related team, and the person's IP address .
Note: Organization admins can also click See more activity to open the activity log with this member selected. This allows you to see a detailed history of that person’s activity within the organization. View member activity →
If the person is a guest, there is also a Guest access tab. This lets you see which teams, projects, and files the guest has access to.
- If public links are enabled, you’ll see the guest can access those files.
- View a list of the teams, projects, and files they can access.
- View their permissions on each resource.
Upgrade or downgrade roles
Click their current Design role .
- Select Viewer - restricted (free) to prevent them from being able to Figma design files. They won’t have an editor seat on Figma design.
- Select Editor (paid) to allow them to edit Figma design files. This won’t affect their permissions on individual teams or files. They will contribute one FigJam editor seat.
Click their current FigJam role .
- Select Viewer - restricted (free) to prevent them from getting edit access to FigJam files. They won’t have an editor seat on Figma design.
- Select Editor (paid) to allow them to edit FigJam files. This won’t affect their permissions on individual teams or files. They will contribute one Figma design editor seat.
Note: Figma uses a person’s Figma design and FigJam role to calculate your billing. Someone can have a paid role on one product and a free role on the other. How is my invoice calculated →