On the Organization and Enterprise plans, everyone has a seat in Figma design, Dev Mode, and FigJam. A person's seat type determines their billing status and how they can interact with files.
Who can manage seats
- On the Organization plan, organization admins manage everyone's seats in the organization. They can review and confirm the number of paid seats and finalize invoices for true-ups.
- On the Enterprise plan, organization admins can delegate seat management to billing admins. Billing admins manage seats for people in billing groups where they’re an admin. They can also review and confirm any new paid seats during a true-up.
View someone's current seat types
- From the file browser, click Admin in the left sidebar.
- Select the Members tab.
- From the file browser, click Admin.
- If needed, click the dropdown menu next to the billing group name at the top of the page and select the correct billing group.
- If needed, click the Unassigned tab to review seats for people who are not assigned to a billing group.
- Click a column header to sort by ascending or descending values.
Upgrade or downgrade someone's Design, Dev Mode, or FigJam seat
Click their current Design seat and take one of the following actions:
- Select Viewer-restricted to downgrade them to a free Design seat. This means they'll be able to view files they have access to, but won't be able to edit them.
- Select Full to upgrade them to a paid seat and allow them to edit Figma design files. When you upgrade someone to a full Design seat, they'll automatically get upgraded to a full Dev Mode seat. Dev Mode is included in full Design seats at no additional cost.
Dev Mode is included with full Design seats on the Organization and Enterprise plans and is also available as a standalone paid seat.
- If someone has a full Design seat, they'll automatically get a full Dev Mode seat. It's not possible to change someone's Dev Mode seat if they have a full Design seat.
- If someone has a viewer or viewer-restricted Design seat, they'll automatically get a viewer-restricted Dev Mode seat. Select Full to upgrade them to a paid Dev Mode seat and allow them to use all the features in Dev Mode.
Click their current FigJam seat and take one of the following actions:
- Select Viewer-restricted to downgrade them to a free FigJam seat and prevent them from editing FigJam files.
- Select Full to upgrade them to a paid seat and allow them to edit FigJam files.
Explore someone's activity and upgrade event
When viewing someone's seat type, you can also explore their activity and see what event led to their seat upgrade.
View the dates of their Last edit and when they were Last active.
- Click Last edit date to see the last Figma design and FigJam file they edited.
- Click Last active to open the Recent activity modal for that person.
View their current Design, Dev Mode and FigJam seat types. If they have a paid seat, you can see the date they upgraded.
Click in the person's row and select View user activity. This opens the Recent activity modal.
- View the Upgrade date and related Upgrade event.
- View the last five events in the member's history. For each event, you'll see the date, activity description, related team, and the person's IP address .
Note: Organization admins can also click See more activity to open the activity log with this member selected. This allows you to see a detailed history of that person’s activity within the organization. View member activity →
If the person is a guest, there is also a Guest access tab. This lets you see which teams, projects, and files the guest has access to.
- If public links are enabled, you’ll see the guest can access those files.
- View a list of the teams, projects, and files they can access.
- View their permissions on each resource.