Figma has two products: Figma design and FigJam. Everyone in an organization has a role in each product. A person's seat type determines their billing status and how they can interact with design or FigJam files.
Who can manage roles
On the Organization plan, organization admins manage everyone's roles in the organization. They can review and confirm editors and finalize invoices for true-ups.
On the Enterprise plan, organization admins can delegate role management to billing admins. Billing admins manage roles for people in billing groups where they’re an admin. They can also review and confirm any new paid seats during a true-up.
View someone's current role
- From the file browser, click Admin settings in the left sidebar.
- Select the Members tab.
- From the file browser, click Admin settings.
- If needed, click the dropdown menu next to the billing group name at the top of the page and select the correct billing group.
- If needed, click the Unassigned tab to review roles for people who are not assigned to a billing group.
- Click a column header to sort by ascending or descending values.
Explore a member's activity and upgrade event
View the dates of their Last edit and when they were Last active.
- Click Last edit date to see the last Figma design and FigJam file they edited.
- Click Last active to open the Recent activity modal for that person.
View their current Design role and FigJam role. If they’re an editor, you can see the date they were upgraded.
Click in the person's row and select View user activity. This opens the Recent activity modal.
- View the Upgrade date and related Upgrade event.
- View the last five events in the member's history. For each event, you'll see the date, activity description, related team, and the person's IP address .
Note: Organization admins can also click See more activity to open the activity log with this member selected. This allows you to see a detailed history of that person’s activity within the organization. View member activity →
If the person is a guest, there is also a Guest access tab. This lets you see which teams, projects, and files the guest has access to.
- If public links are enabled, you’ll see the guest can access those files.
- View a list of the teams, projects, and files they can access.
- View their permissions on each resource.
Upgrade or downgrade someone's role
Click their current Design role .
- Select Viewer - restricted (free) to prevent them from being able to edit Figma design files. They won’t have an editor seat on Figma design.
- Select Editor (paid) to allow them to edit Figma design files. This won’t affect their permissions on individual teams or files. They will contribute one Figma design editor seat.
Click their current FigJam role .
- Select Viewer - restricted (free) to prevent them from getting edit access to FigJam files. They won’t have an editor seat on Figma design.
- Select Editor (paid) to allow them to edit FigJam files. This won’t affect their permissions on individual teams or files. They will contribute one FigJam editor seat.
Note: Figma uses a person’s Figma design and FigJam role to calculate your billing. Someone can have a paid role on one product and a free role on the other. Learn more about how billing works on the Organization and Enterprise plans →