Before you start
Who can use this feature
Create a team profile for Starter, Education, and Professional teams or teams in a Figma Organization.
Only Team Owners and Team Admins can create and update a team profile.
Community profiles showcase your contributions to the Figma Community. They allow other members of the community to see any plugins you develop, or files you publish.
Figma supports Community profiles for individuals, teams, and Organizations. Which profile(s) you can publish to will depend on your permissions within a team or Organization. Who can publish files and plugins →
In this article, we'll show you how to create a Community profile for a team.
- You can create a profile for a Starter, Education, or Professional team, as well as teams in an Organization.
- Only Team Owners or Admins can create a team profile.
- Only Team Owners or Admins can publish files and plugins to the team profile.
- Files must live in a project within the team to publish them to the team profile.
Register a profile handle
Every Community profile has a unique Profile handle. The profile handle also makes up the profile URL:
Claim your team profile from the Settings tab of your team page:
- In the file browser, click on the team name.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Profile Handle, click Set profile handle.
- Enter the desired handle in the field provided. You can use up to 15 alphanumeric characters, including underscores
- Figma will check to see if the handle is still available. If it is not, Figma will ask you to pick another handle.
- Click Submit to confirm. You can come back to this page to update the profile handle, if you change your mind.
View a team profile
View the team profile from your team workspace. This allows you to preview or make any changes to the team profile.
- In the file browser, click on the team name in the sidebar.
- Select the Public tab to preview the team profile.
Figma will add any team contributions to your profile. This includes:
- Team files that any team member has published
- Plugins that any team member has developed
Add some extra information to introduce your team to the rest of the Community.
- Profile picture: Click on your profile picture to upload a profile picture or icon for your team. Image dimensions must be at least 500 x 500 px.
- Cover artwork: Hover over the cover photo and click the pencil icon to upload cover artwork.
- Bio: Add a team bio of up to 160 characters.
- Location: Click on the text to add or update your location.
- Website: Click on the text to add or update your website.