- Widgets are available in FigJam only.
- Supported on any team or plan.
- Only users with can edit access to a file can insert widgets.
- Anyone can develop and publish widgets to the Figma Community.
- You must use the Figma desktop app to create, develop, and publish widgets. The Desktop app is only available for macOS and Windows.
Widgets are custom objects you can add to FigJam files. They allow you to level up your jam sessions with new tools, data from external applications, or new ways to play.
Widgets live on the board for everyone to see and interact with. You can add as many widgets to the board as you want, and move and reposition them, like any other FigJam object.
Here are some examples of what you can create with widgets:
- Import CSVs to create tables, or to transform the data into interactive visualizations.
- Place polls and voting counters to gather insight from your company on a product idea.
- Build a project timeline with other teammates in a calendar widget.
- Create pre-styled mind maps and organization charts quickly.
- Take a break and play connect four or chess with a teammate in FigJam.
Make widgets for FigJam
This section outlines the widget development process from beginning to end. We designed this as a supplementary resource to our developer documentation.
The widget development process:
- Setup your development environment →
- Create a widget for development →
- Publish widgets to the Figma Community →
- Manage widgets as a developer →
- Widgets must be developed and published from the Figma desktop app. The desktop app is only available on MacOS or Windows. Download and install the Figma desktop app →
Buy and sell widgets
While we don't provide the ability to directly buy and sell widgets through the Figma Community or facilitate the sale of widget licenses, you can sell the source code and ownership to widgets you've built by following these steps:
- The buyer and seller should reach out to the Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to facilitate the sale. For example, the seller emails Support with the buyer cc'd or vice versa.
- The original owner must confirm that they are authorizing the sale.
- The buyer of the widget confirms they will abide by our Terms of Service after the sale.
Once this process is complete, the Support team will transfer the widget between the appropriate parties.
Keep in mind that once a widget has been published, the publisher cannot materially change the purpose or nature of the widget. In order to do so, a new widget must be published and reviewed again.
If your development environment is set up and you're ready to create a widget, it's time to create a widget for development.