On February 1, 2022, the free beta period for FigJam will end. After this date, FigJam will become a paid product.
If you're on the Professional or Organization plan, Figma will include anyone with a FigJam editor role in your billing. If you're on the free Starter plan, the existing three file limit will now also apply to FigJam files. Learn how these changes will affect your files and billing below.
Figma has two products or file types: Figma design and FigJam. People can have editor roles on both Figma design and FigJam, or an editor role on one product. Every editor role corresponds to an editor seat.
When you create a team, Figma will prompt you to select a plan. Your plan will determine what features are available to you and how much you'll pay for every editor seat.
Your plan applies to both Figma and FigJam. You can't have different plans for each product.
If your team is on the Professional plan, you'll access the benefits of a Professional plan for your FigJam files and Figma design files. You cannot choose for Figma design files to be on the Professional plan, and FigJam to be on a free Starter plan.
Professional or Organization plan
Anyone with a FigJam editor role will be reset to a viewer role by February 1, 2022. This makes sure your first bill only includes people who are actually using FigJam.
- Anyone who had can edit access before February 1, 2022 can still open and edit their FigJam files.
- They can upgrade to a FigJam editor role by taking an edit action, or continue for free with only can view access. Figma will include anyone with a FigJam editor role in your next bill.
- Team or organization admins can downgrade anyone's role in the admin dashboard:
Figma will include anyone with a FigJam editor role in your billing. You'll see FigJam editors on your first invoice following February 1, 2022.
- Professional plan: $3 a month per editor (billed annually) / $5 a month per editor (billed monthly). If you're paying the monthly price, you can switch to an annual subscription.
- Organization plan: $5 a month per editor (billed annually)
People who use Figma's free education plan can continue to create and edit FigJam files at no additional cost. If you are a qualified student or educator, you can verify your education status.
A limit of 3 files will also apply to FigJam files from February 1, 2022.
- These changes won't impact existing FigJam files. You can still access and edit any files created before February 1, 2022.
- If you already have 3 FigJam files in your team, you won't be able to create any more FigJam files. You can also create a maximum of 3 Figma design files (with 3 pages each) on the Starter plan.
- Teams on the Starter plan can continue to use FigJam for free. There are no limits to the number of editors you can have on the Starter plan.
Note: These limits do not apply to files in a person's drafts. Anyone can continue to edit FigJam files in their drafts without any impact to their plan or billing.