Who can use this feature
Supported on the Organization and Enterprise plans.
Only organization admins can enable or disable domain capture.
Domain capture affects how Figma handles accounts registered to organization domains. When domain capture is on, any accounts with a company domain are added to the organization.
New members (people with company emails) will join the existing organization and can’t create separate company accounts. This applies to existing and future accounts.
Domain capture doesn’t apply to guests—anyone without a company email. Guests must be invited to teams, projects, or files to access the organization. Members versus guests →
Domain capture impacts how you add members, what happens to their drafts when they join the organization, and what happens when they’re removed. We recommend exploring domains and domain capture before turning this on.
You can enable (turn on) or disable domain capture (turn off) to suit your needs.
- Turn on domain capture to prevent people from creating company accounts outside the organization.
- Turn on domain capture so you don’t have to manually add members to the organization.
- Temporarily turn on domain capture when your first set up your organization. This allows you to import any existing company accounts. You can then turn it off once you’re up and running.
- Turn off domain capture if you want to create separate Figma organizations that share the same registered domains.
Update domain capture settings
Caution: Only one organization can capture a domain. If you have Figma organizations that use the same registered domains, you can’t enable domain capture in either organization.
Due to the impact of domain capture, this setting can only be updated by Figma. An organization admin can request updates to domains from the Admin support team.
If you want to add a new domain and enable domain capture, you’ll need to:
- Confirm the organization has ownership over the domains you want to add
- Attest that you have the authority to make the decision for the company
- Approve domain capture for all registered domains
You can start this request from the organization’s admin settings:
- Open the organization in Figma.
- Select Admin settings in the sidebar.
- Select Settings in the menu bar.
- Under Domains, select Contact support.