UXtweak and Figma
The UXtweak Prototype Testing Tool allows you to conduct user testing directly on Figma prototypes with real users. This integration can provide invaluable insights into user behavior and preferences to help you build better, user-centered products.
Use UXtweak to:
- Conduct user testing on Figma prototypes
- A/B test prototypes to compare their performance
- Preference Test design options to pick the variant your audience resonates with
- Get quantitative data like success rates, lostness metric, directness and time taken
- Set up screening questions to filter out and segment respondents
- Ask follow-up questions with scales, multiple options, or open-ended questions
- Find the best user paths for your designs
- Recruit testers using an Onsite Recruiting widget
- Turn your website visitor into a prototype tester or order respondent from the global User Panel
UXtweak uses your Figma prototype's share link to conduct usability testing studies. UXtweak will need view-only access to all your Figma files to import the information needed to create a user test.
Check out the UXtweak documentation to learn more, or contact the UXtweak team for support.
Note: You can start usability testing your prototypes right now with a free UXtweak account.
Prepare your prototype in Figma
- Open your prototype in Figma.
- Click Present in the top right to launch your prototype.
- Select the flow you want to import into UXtweak for testing.
- Click Share prototype in the top-right.
- Using the dropdown, set Anyone else with a prototype link to can view prototypes.
- Copy the link to your clipboard.
Test your prototype in UXtweak
- Log in to UXtweak and open your Dashboard
- Create a new Prototype Testing Study. Set the name, respondent identification options, and closing rules.
- In the Designs tab, paste the Figma prototype link into the prototype link field.
- Click Import to import your Figma prototype.
- Click Allow access to allow UXtweak to import your prototype.
- Add tasks you want users to complete on the prototypes and set up questions if needed.
- Use Preview to see how your study looks like before launching.
- Click Launch to set your prototype user testing study live.
- Click Copy study address from your dashboard and send the link to your users. Or, use the User Panel tool to order respondents from a global panel of participants.
- Open the Result page to access your results and export them if needed.
To learn more about prototype user testing, read UXtweak’s guide on Figma Prototype Testing.
Update your prototype in UXtweak
If you make changes to your prototype in Figma, you’ll need to update it in UXtweak to reflect those changes.
To update the prototype linked to the study:
- Navigate to Study setup
- Click on the Designs tab
- Click Synchronize or create a new Prototype Testing study with the updated prototype.
Additional uses of UXtweak and Figma
Aside from using the Prototype Testing tool for usability testing, you can use UXtweak to include user insights and feedback in the prototyping stages. Most notably you can:
- Use Card Sorting to define information architecture for your prototype and make sure it meets user expectations.
- Use the Tree Testing Tool to evaluate your information architecture and structure for intuitive navigation.
- Use Five Second Tests to get a better understanding of users to help you deliver your message clearly.
Disconnect UXtweak from Figma
You can remove the UXtweak integration through your Figma account settings.
- Select your avatar in the top-right corner to open the account menu.
- Select Settings to open the settings modal.
- Scroll to the Connected apps section.
- Click Revoke access next to the UXtweak application.