🚧 Dev Mode is currently in open beta
Beta features can change during the beta period. You may experience bugs or performance issues during this time. Learn more about beta features →
Dev resources are a great way for anyone to add external documentation that can help developers better understand and build a component. Dev resources can be linked to objects in Figma design and are often related to the documentation or source code. Use Dev resources to:
- Link a GitHub file to a component for quick access to the source code
- Assign a Jira ticket to a specific part of a mockup
- Connect Storybook to view stories in Figma
Note: If an attached dev resource has a related plugin available, clicking the link will automatically launch it in the Plugins tab.
Link to a Dev resource
Dev resources can be added to any layer on the canvas. If a dev resource is added to a component, the link is inherited by all instances of that component. If a dev resource is added to an instance of a component, the link will only appear for that instance.
To link to a dev resource:
- Copy the URL you want to add.
- In Dev Mode, select a layer on the canvas.
- Click Add link next to Dev resources in the inspect panel then paste the link.
- Press Enter
Remove a linked Dev resource
- In Dev resources, click Additional options next to the link.
- Select Delete link.
Note: Dev resources with related plugins may have different ways of detaching a link from a layer. Learn more about using plugins in Dev Mode →