dscout's research platform helps you capture high-quality insights with powerful and flexible tools that support the entire lifecycle of research. Use dscout to:
- Find participants from dscout’s pool or bring your own to yield research.
- Run studies to capture insights over time, or a quick test to get results in less than 48 hours.
- Streamline tasks so you can focus on research with automated reminders, commenting, chatting with participants, calendar management, and more.
- Conduct in-depth analysis using tools like tags, usability task metrics, automated transcripts, clip highlights, and heat maps.
- Bring authentic customer voices directly to your stakeholders with compelling video, photos, and insights.
Connect your Figma account
To see task responses’ heat maps and click events in a prototype, you can connect your Figma account to dscout to share a private prototype share link with dscout participants in your usability studies.
You can connect your Figma account from dscout’s Integrations tab within Profile Settings or within a usability test task question.
- Under the Integrations page of your profile settings, click on the Integrations tab.
Click Connect Figma account. This will prompt you to authorize dscout to access your Figma data.
Once connected, you will see a success message, and the Not connected chip will show as Connected.
Note: dscout requires the integration to access the Figma data to generate heat maps and click events.
Usability test task questions
If you are using a Figma prototype in a dscout usability study task question and you have connected your Figma account, dscout will generate heat maps in the analysis container for the task. dscout will include heat map thumbnails of each frame that was visited by the scouts during the duration of the task.
Note: Heat maps only work with Figma prototype URLs.
Generate heat maps
When you add a Figma link to the URL field in a task question, you will have the option to connect your Figma account.
- Click Connect next to Connect your Figma account. A Connected chip will appear by the task URL toggle to signify the integration was successful.
Once you connect your Figma account, the integration will apply to all Figma URLs in this study and future dscout studies. In other words, you don’t have to complete the integration steps for each task.
Tip! We recommend connecting your Figma account prior to creating your task questions or when you create the first task of your usability study.
If you created multiple tasks that include Figma prototypes before connecting your Figma account through a task question, only that task container will reflect the Connected state. You will need to refresh any Figma prototype tasks that were added before connecting your account.
Disconnect your Figma account
The Figma integration can be managed or removed from the Integrations page of your profile settings. If a Figma account is disconnected and a study is launched using a private Figma link from the disconnected Figma account, you will not be able to capture heat map or click event data from that task.
To remove the integration, click Disconnect Figma account.