Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any Figma plan
Anyone with Edit access to the file can set a custom thumbnail
Every File will have a thumbnail which shows a preview of the File's contents. We show the thumbnail whenever we reference the File in the File Browser.
You can customize this for each File. This is a great way to set expectations and communicate the File's contents.
You can create a File thumbnail out of any Frame within a Page of your File. We will scale the selected Frame so that it fills the thumbnail.
Set a File's Thumbnail
- Open the File in the Editor
- Find the Frame you would like to use as the thumbnail. We scale the selected Frame so that it fills the File Thumbnail.
- Right-click on the Frame in the canvas to open the Context Menu.
- Select Set as Thumbnail from the options:
- We will update your File's thumbnail. We will also display a custom thumbnail icon next to the Frame.
Want to remove the Frame from the thumbnail? Right-click on the Frame in the canvas and select Restore Default Thumbnail. We'll use the contents of the first page in your File as the default thumbnail.