Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan
Anyone can rename their own files in their drafts
Only team admins or members with edit access can rename team files
Rename files and projects to explain their purpose or contents. Set a file or project name when you first create it, and update it as the project evolves.
Rename a file
Figma names every new file you create as Untitled. You can change this to something that better explains the contents of the file.
File names don't need to be unique, but unique names make it easier to search for and find the correct file.
Update the file name from a few places:
- Right-click the file in the file browser.
- Select Rename from the file menu.
- Click on an empty spot in the canvas to deselect and layers.
- Figma will display the file's location and name in the toolbar.
- Click on the existing file name to edit the name.
- Click outside of the field or press Enter to apply your changes.
Rename a project
- Open the project page in the file browser.
- Click the dropdown menu next to the project name and and select Rename.