Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any teams or plans.
Anyone with can edit access to the project can pin a file to that project.
Pin important files and current work in progress to the top of your project page. This makes it easy to find and access those files. Use pinned files to:
- Quickly access files without needing to search through all files in the project
- Show collaborators where to start with a project
- Find key files and information related to that project
- Highlight current work that's ready for review
- Feature templates, design systems, or UI kits
Figma will pin a square thumbnail with the file's name, as well as the name of the person who pinned it. It's not possible to adjust how Figma displays pinned files, or change the order they appear in.
- Open the project page in the file browser.
- Right-click on the file and choose Pin to project
- Figma will add the file to the Pinned section at the top of the page.
Want to remove a pinned file? Right-click on the File and select Remove from pinned. You can do this from the pinned location, or the file itself.