Before you start
Who can use this feature
Anyone on any team or plan can manage their color profile in the desktop app.
You can only use color management in the Figma desktop app.
- macOS: You must be running 10.11 (OS X El Capitan), or later.
- Windows: You must be running Windows 8 or later in a 64-bit environment.
Learn more about Figma's browser requirements.
There are lots of terms used to describe color. The terms color space and color profile are often used interchangeably. In this article, we refer to the following definitions:
- Color space: how an application or system implements a color model on a specific device.
- Color profile: a standardized system for rendering colors.
Figma can only export assets using the sRGB color profile.
Figma in the browser
In the browser, Figma uses a managed sRGB color profile. Figma will export any assets using the sRGB color profile. You can't change the color profile in the browser.
Figma desktop app
In the desktop app, your color profile can be managed or unmanaged.
An unmanaged color profile lets you to use the color profile settings designated by your system's display settings. Your color space will be unmanaged by default.
You also have the option to switch to the managed sRGB color profile. Having a managed color profile allows you to keep a consistent color space in both the browser and desktop app.
Note: If you set your color space to Unmanaged, colors may render differently between team members or displays. Regardless of your desired color profile, Figma can only export assets using the sRGB color profile.
Update your color space
On the Figma desktop app, You can switch between using a managed (sRBG) or unmanaged color profile.
You will need to restart Figma to apply these changes. Make sure you're connected to the internet and your changes are saved before updating.
- Open the Figma app.
- Click on the Figma menu
- Select Color Space from the options.
- Choose between sRGB or Unmanaged:
- Restart the Figma application to apply your changes.