Caution: This is an evolving document, so its contents may change over time. If you have any questions or concerns around our review guidelines, please reach out to email@example.com.
Figma is incredibly excited to provide plugins and widgets to our community!
Developers like you help our community discover new ways to design and explore Figma and FigJam. We can't wait to see what you've created.
Before a plugin or widget can be listed in Figma's directory, it needs to go through our review process.
To make the submission process as smooth and seamless as possible, we have created a set of guidelines. These outline what is required to make it through the approval process.
Before You Submit
When you are ready to submit, please make sure you have done the following:
- Tested your app extensively for crashes and bugs.
- Ensured your plugin or widget description and image(s) are complete and accurate. Profanity in the name or description of your plugin or widget is not accepted.
- Established a way for users to contact you for support. It's your responsibility to provide support for your plugin and widget users. You can provide them with an email address, or a link to a website or help center.
What to Expect
Our goal is to reach a decision ASAP, ideally within 5-10 business days. We will contact you via your Figma account email to notify you of our decision.
If your plugin has been rejected, we'll send you an email to clarify and provide a brief explanation. You may submit your plugin again for review after addressing any feedback.
Warning: Any attempts to exploit the plugin or widget API (provide false information, plagiarism, deceitful manipulation of user files, or theft of data) will result in immediate removal. You will also be banned from publishing future plugins or widgets to the community.
We want our users to feel confident that installing Figma plugins and widgets is safe and non-offensive.
We will not allow any plugins or widgets that are aimed to be malicious or damaging to our users or their work.
Authors may not share their Figma account or password information with other users or otherwise license, sell, transfer, or assign plugins or widgets.
- Objectionable Content
- Content that is offensive, insensitive, upsetting, or intended to disgust is not permitted.
- Official API Usage
- Plugins and widgets can only leverage official plugin APIs or widget APIs and cannot require users to install separate packages that manipulate Figma on the Web or the Desktop App.
- Developer Contact Information
- Authors must be individuals on a Figma plan (Starter, Pro, Organization) or companies on the Figma Organization plan. Attempts to artificially represent a plugin or widget author as a company may result in your plugin or widget being rejected
- Please ensure that your contact information is reliable for users in the event they have any questions, support issues, or feedback.
Our hope is that Figma plugins are made available and accessible to the entire Figma Community, regardless of their ability to pay for services.
While we do not offer functionality that supports payments through Figma, we do allow developers to use a third party to facilitate monetizing your plugin.
- Monetization Policy
- We allow plugins and widgets to direct users to a third party to allow for monetization. We reserve the right to reject plugins and widgets that attempt to monetize in poor taste.
- Advertising Policy
- Plugins and widgets may not display ads to Figma users. Please do not insert advertisements into design files or present ads in the plugin UI or widget UI.
We want all of the plugins and widgets available to our community to be useful and valuable. If your plugin or widget is trivial or intended to be creepy or uncomfortable, we may not approve it.
- Plugin Completeness
- Please make sure your plugin or widget is completed, functions as intended, and does not include temporary content. We will reject plugins and widgets that crash or have obvious bugs.
- Please do not use developer error messages to communicate with end-users.
- Complete and Accurate Metadata
- It should be clear to users that the plugin or widget they are installing does what they expected it to do. Please include an accurate description, screenshot, or previews so that the users will not be surprised by any hidden functionality.
- We highly recommend matching your plugin or widget to Figma's UI so we can create a seamless experience for our users.
- If there are any concerns with usability, or any other negative externalities, we may reject the plugin or widget.
- If your plugin or widget negatively impacts the overall performance or experience within Figma, we may reject it. An example of this would be a long-running background process.
- Your plugin or widget should deliver the appropriate notifications if the user is offline and your plugin or widget cannot perform offline.
- Plugins and widgets that stop working or offer a low quality experience may be removed at any time.
Plugins and widgets are expected to comply with the law. It is ultimately your responsibility to make sure that your plugin or widget is not doing anything illegal. You should consult with a lawyer if you are unsure about something.
Please do not rely on these guidelines to make sure you are in compliance with the law.
- Intellectual Property
- Ensure that your plugins and widgets only use content that you created or have a license to use. Your plugin or widget may be removed if you use content without permission.
- Gaming, Gambling, Lotteries
- No gambling or sweepstake-related usage is permitted.
Note: If you have any questions or concerns around our review guidelines, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.