Caution: This is an evolving document, so its contents may change over time. If you have any questions or concerns around our review guidelines, please reach out to email@example.com.
Figma is incredibly excited to be introducing plugins to our community!
Developers like you help our community discover new ways to design and explore Figma. We can't wait to see what you've created.
Before a plugin can be listed in the Figma plugin directory, it needs to go through our review process.
To make the submission process as smooth and seamless as possible, we have created a set of guidelines. These outline what is required to make it through the approval process.
Before You Submit
When you are ready to submit, please make sure you have done the following:
- Tested your app extensively for crashes and bugs.
- Ensured your plugin description and image(s) are complete and accurate. Profanity in the name or description of your plugin is not accepted.
- Established a way for users to contact you for support. It's your responsibility to provide support for your plugin's users. You can provide them with an email address, or a link to a website or help center.
What to Expect
Our goal is to reach a decision ASAP, ideally within 5-10 business days. We will contact you via your Figma account email to notify you of our decision.
If your plugin has been rejected, we'll send you an email to clarify and provide a brief explanation. You may submit your plugin again for review, after addressing any feedback.
Warning: Any attempts to exploit the Plugins API (provide false information, plagiarism, deceitful manipulation of user files, or theft of data) will result in immediate removal. You will also be banned from publishing future plugins to the community.
We want our users to feel confident that installing Figma plugins is safe and non-offensive.
We will not allow any plugins that are aimed to be malicious or damaging to our users or their work.
Authors may not share their Figma account or password information with other users or otherwise license, sell, transfer, or assign plugins.
- Objectionable Content
- Content that is offensive, insensitive, upsetting, or intended to disgust is not permitted.
- Official API Usage
- Plugins can only leverage official plugin APIs and cannot require users to install separate packages that manipulate Figma on the Web or the Desktop App.
- Developer Contact Information
- Authors must be individuals on a Figma plan (Starter, Pro, Organization) or companies on the Figma Organization plan. Attempts to artificially represent a plugin author as a company may result in your plugin being rejected
- Please ensure that your contact information is reliable for users in the event they have any questions, support issues, or feedback.
Our hope is that Figma plugins are made available and accessible to the entire Figma community, regardless of their ability to pay for services.
While we do not offer functionality that supports payments through Figma, we do allow for developers to use a third party to facilitate monetizing your plugin.
- Monetization Policy
- We allow plugins to direct users to a third party to allow for monetization. We reserve the right to reject plugins that attempt to monetize in poor taste.
- Advertising Policy
- Plugins may not display ads to Figma users. Please do not insert advertisements into design files or present ads in the plugin UI.
We want all of the plugins available to our community to be useful and valuable. If your plugin is trivial or intended to be creepy or uncomfortable, we may not approve it.
- Plugin Completeness
- Please make sure your plugin is completed, functions as intended, and does not include temporary content. We will reject plugins that crash or have obvious bugs.
- Please do not use developer error messages to communicate with end users.
- Complete and Accurate Metadata
- It should be clear to users that the plugin they are installing does what they expected it to do. Please include an accurate description, screenshot, or previews so that the users will not be surprised by any hidden functionality.
- We highly recommend matching your plugin to Figma's UI so we can create a seamless experience for our users.
- If there are any concerns with usability, or any other negative externalities, we may reject the plugin.
- If your plugin negatively impacts the overall performance or experience within Figma, we may reject it. An example of this would be a long-running background process.
- Your plugin should deliver the appropriate notifications if the user is offline and your plugin cannot perform offline.
- Plugins that stop working or offer a low quality experience may be removed at any time.
Plugins are expected to comply with the law. It is ultimately your responsibility to make sure that your plugin is not doing anything illegal. You should consult with a lawyer if you are unsure about something.
Please do not rely on these guidelines to make sure you are in compliance with the law.
- Intellectual Property
- Ensure that your plugins only use content that you created or have a license to use. Your plugin may be removed if you use content without permission.
- Gaming, Gambling, Lotteries
- No gambling or sweepstake-related usage is permitted.
Note: If you have any questions or concerns around our review guidelines, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.