What: Submit a bug report to Figma. The more information you can provide us with, the faster we can troubleshoot the issue.
Why: This lets us know that there's something unusual happening in your account. We can then troubleshoot this further to find you a solution or explanation.
If you've come across something that looks like a bug, you can submit a bug report without leaving Figma.
1 Record the bug
The best way for us to identify the issue is to see it happening. We recommend including a short video that shows both the error and the action(s) you took before encountering it. If you're unable to take a video, please include:
- A detailed description of the behavior. For example: whenever I import a file from Sketch, I get an error that I have a failed import.
- Step-by-step instructions on how we can reproduce the issue.
- A screenshot of the error message, issue, or unexpected outcome.
2 Confirm your setup
The Figma support team may ask you some additional questions about your setup. This will help us to identify where the issue might be occurring. You can include these in your message to speed up the process:
- Are you experiencing this in Figma in the browser and in the desktop app?
- Does the problem persist after restarting your computer?
- Does the problem persist across different internet connections? Or on different browsers?
- Is anyone else on your Team experiencing this issue?
3 Share your file
If this issue is happening in a specific file, the Figma support team may need access to the file to troubleshoot further. You'll be given the option to attach a URL to your Figma file to your bug report.
Submit a report
- Click the question mark icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select Contact support from the options.
- Wait for the Get in touch option to appear in the chat window (the option will appear after a few seconds).
- Click the button to Leave a message.
- Select Bug report among the options.
- Fill out the form by adding information about the bug you're experiencing using the subject and description fields.
- Please make sure to add any Reproduction steps, steps that the Figma Support team can follow to reproduce the bug in their testing.
- Add the Figma file URL of an affected file (if applicable, like if the bug is only reproducible in that file).
- Click on Attachments to select and upload screenshots or videos of what you're experiencing. You can add up to 5 files. Click the "X" next to a file to remove it from your report.
- Click Send to complete the process. The Figma support team will follow up with you via your email address.
Note: If you're in the Editor and don't see the help icon, you may have disabled Figma's Help UI. Open the menu and search for
Hide help UI. Click on the setting to toggle it on.