What: Submit a bug report to Figma. The more information you can provide us with, the faster we can troubleshoot the issue.
Why: This lets us know that there's something unusual happening in your account. We can then troubleshoot this further to find you a solution or explanation.
If you've come across something that looks like a bug, you can submit a bug report in Figma.
What information should you provide?
The best way for us to identify the issue is to see it in action.
We recommend including a short video that shows both the error and the action(s) you took before encountering it.
If you're unable to take a video, please include:
- A detailed description of the behavior e.g. When I do X in Figma, Y happens. I was expecting Z.
- Step-by-step instructions on how we can reproduce the issue.
- A screenshot of the error message, issue, or unexpected outcome.
If this issue is happening in a specific File, we may need access to the File to troubleshoot further. You'll be given the option to attach a URL to your Figma file to your bug report.
We may also ask you some additional questions about your setup. This will help us to identify where the issue might be occurring. You can include these in your message to speed up the process:
- Are you experiencing this on both the Figma Web app and the Desktop app?
- Does the problem persist after restarting your computer?
- Does the problem persist across different internet connections? Or on different browsers?
- Is anyone else on your Team experiencing this issue?
Click the question mark ? in the Figma app and select Get Help
Search Report a bug, then click Contact us.
Select Bug report from the field provided and click Next.
Enter your name, email address for your Figma account, and a subject in the fields provided.
- Detailed description of what you're experiencing
- Steps to reproduce
- Figma File URL (recommended)
Click the image icon to attach a File to your report:
Select the File from your computer. Repeat this step for any additional Files you need to add.
A badge will indicate how many Files are attached. Click Send message to complete the process.