Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any plan can use comments
Users with at least View access to a File can use comments
Comments takes collaboration to the next level. You can use Comments to respond to feedback, tweak your designs and iterate faster. All from the original design File.
You can add Comments to Files or Prototypes.
To enter Comment mode, click the Comment icon in the toolbar:
Note: You won't be able to make any changes to Objects in the Canvas while you are viewing Comments. You will need to select another tool in the Toolbar to continue editing a File.
You can edit the content of any Comment you've posted. This is handy if you've noticed a type, or want to add a clarification or Mention.
- Select the Comment in the canvas, or from the Comments Panel.
- Click on the three dot menu next to the Comment's title in the Comment box:
- Select the Edit... option. You will then be able to edit the content of the message.
- You can add Emoji or include additional Mentions if desired. Click Done to save your changes:
Change comment locations
You can also change where the Comment appears on the Canvas.
This allows you to draw attention to a specific part of the canvas, whether this is a Frame, object or layer.
Keep in Mind
- If you Cut and Paste a Frame to a new location, Figma will disconnect the Comment from that Frame.
While you will still be able to view that Comment in the Comments Panel, there will no longer be a link between that Comment and the canvas.
- If you move a Frame or Layer with Comments applied to it, we will also move the associated Comments.
If the Comment has been applied to the Canvas, not the Layer or Frame itself, the Comment won't be moved.
- If you duplicate a File, Figma won't copy Comments to the new File. Comments are only kept on the original File.
- Click on the Comment icon to view the Comments on the File.
- Click on the Comment icon in the canvas.
- Drag the Comment to its new location.
Tip! You can move an Object with an associated Comment to another page. Right-click on the Object and choose Move to page.