Import Miro boards to FigJam
- Anyone with can edit access in a FigJam file can import a Miro board.
- You must have permission to export boards in Miro. Miro board owners or team admins can restrict the ability to export boards.
You can import the contents of a Miro board into FigJam. After importing, you’ll be able to edit text as well as move and resize objects.
Export from Miro
To export all or part of a board from Miro:
- Open the Miro board you want to export.
- From the toolbar at the top left of the page, select the option to Export this board.
- Choose Save as image.
- Drag the handles on the canvas to include content you want to export. You may need to zoom out to capture the entire board.
- From the Export image as menu, choose Vector.
- Click Export. Your image will save to your computer as a PDF file.
Learn more about exporting Miro boards as images →
Import Miro content to FigJam
After exporting a board from Miro, you can:
Create a new FigJam file
- Open the Figma file browser.
- Select the Import file tile.
- Select one or more Miro PDF files to import.
- Click Import on the Import PDFs as Figma files? screen.
- Click Done once the import is complete.
Tip: You can also drag and drop one or more Miro PDF files into the Figma file browser. Figma will create a new FigJam file for each PDF.
Import into an existing FigJam file
- Open a FigJam file.
- Click the Figma icon at the top left of the file.
- Navigate to File > Import.
- Select one or more Miro PDF files.
Tip: You can also drag and drop one or more Miro PDF files straight into the FigJam canvas. Each Miro PDF will get imported into the open FigJam file.
How Miro objects map to FigJam
The following table explains how a Miro object gets imported into FigJam.
|Miro object||FigJam object|
|Sticky note||Sticky note|
|Web page capture||Image|
|Chart||A group of shapes|
|Wireframe object||A group of shapes and text|
|iframe objects (for example, YouTube video embeds)||Image|
|Mind map||Shapes, marker doodle, and text|
|Table||Marker doodle and text|
|Third-party tools and widgets||Image|
|Stickers||Shapes and marker doodles|
|Kanban boards and cards||Shapes and text|
Note: It’s not possible to import comments or right-to-left text from a Miro board into FigJam.