Who can use this feature
Supported on any plan
Anyone with a Figma account can browse the Figma Community. You need a Community profile to comment on resources
Comments let you engage with other members in the Figma Community. Use comments to provide encouragement, ask for feedback on your work, and build meaningful relationships with other creators.
Note: You can't add, edit, or reply to comments on your resources when browsing Community as a team or organization admin. Browse under your personal Community profile to add or reply to comments.
To add a comment to a resource's Community page:
- Click on a file, plugin, or widget in the feed to open the listings.
- If the creator has turned on comments for their resource, you'll see the option to Add a comment.
- Type your message in the field. You can @mention other creators in comments so they are notified.
- ClickPost to add your comment.
Tip: Add an emoji to your comment by typing : and the emoji name. For example, type
:heart_eyes: to add a 😍 emoji.
You can view comments left by other users on the resource’s Community page. Only the resource’s creator can respond to comments.
Manage comment settings
By default, Figma notifies you of any comments left on the listing page for one of your published resources. Manage your comment notification preferences →
Allow comments on your resources
By default, comments are turned on for all files, plugins, and widgets in the Community. You can turn commenting on or off any time you publish and edit a file, plugin, or widget, including publishing updates.
From the publishing modal:
- Scroll to the Comments section at the bottom of the modal.
- Check the box next to Allow comments from Community members to turn general comments on.
- For files, click next to More options to turn on pinned comments.
Turn off comments
Comments are turned on for all resources by default. As a creator, you can disable commenting when publishing a resource.
To turn off comments on a published resource:
- Open the listing page for your resource.
- Scroll to the bottom of the listing page.
- Click Edit this page on the right.
- Click Advanced.
- Uncheck the box next to Allow comments from Community members to disable comments.
Remove and restrict individual comments
You can restrict another Community member from posting future comments to your resources and files or @mentioning you in comments at any time. Restricting a user will also remove all past comments made by them from your Community resources.
To remove a comment:
- Navigate to the comment you'd like to restrict.
- Click in the comment.
- Click Restrict user's comments.
To restrict a community member's profile:
- Navigate to their Community profile.
- Click under their profile info.
- Click Restrict user.