Education accounts allow you to access all the functionality of our Professional plan, without the cost.
This allows students and educators in any structured learning environment to collaborate. Learn more about our criteria for Education teams.
You can apply for an Education account using the Figma Education sign up form. Once verified, you can create an Education team.
Members of Education teams can also join Figma's Education Community groups and classroom resources.
Note: Any Editors you invite to your Education team will need to verify their Education status.
Apply for Education status
You'll need to sign up for a Figma account before you can verify your Education status. If you have a school-issued email address, we recommend using this address for your Figma account. Learn how to Create a Figma account.
To verify your Education status, we need to know some information about you.This includes the details of your education program or learning environment.
- Follow the link: https://www.figma.com/education/apply
- Enter the following information:
- Your First and Last Name
- Your School email address (if applicable)
- School Name
- School Website
- Click the Submit button to complete the application process.
What Next? We will perform a series of checks to confirm your enrollment status in an eligible educational program. We will notify you via email to confirm whether your application was successful.
Create your Education team
If your application was successful, you can now create an Education team in Figma.
Tip! We suggest starting with a new team, but you can upgrade an existing team.
Create a new team
- Open Figma in the File Browser
- Click the New Team button in the bottom-left of the File Browser. Or, follow the link: https://www.figma.com/files/create-team
- Enter a name for your team and click Create Team.
- Now you can Add your Collaborators. Enter their email addresses in the field provided, separated by a comma. Click Skip for now to invite collaborators after you've created your Team.
- Click Continue to move to the next step.
- Choose Education from the options. Figma will take you straight to your new team page.
Upgrade an existing team
The process for upgrading an existing team is a little more involved.
First, you'll need to upgrade to a Professional plan. Then you'll have the option to select the Education plan, from the Annual plan drop down.
- Open the team in the File Browser.
- Click on the Settings tab in Toolbar to open the team settings.
- Click the Upgrade Plan button.
- Select the Professional plan from the options:
- Use the plan drop-down to select Education plan from the options:
- Confirm how many Editors you want on your team. You can add and remove Editors once you have created the team too. Click Continue.
- Figma will upgrade the team to an Education team.
Note: Any Editors you invite must verify their email address and Education status before they can start collaborating.
It's not possible to have a mix of paid Professional and free Education members in a team. Learn more about Inviting collaborators to your team.
Not accepted? Reach out to the Figma Support Team on email@example.com or by clicking the "?" in the bottom-right corner of your Figma account.