- Anyone with can view or can edit access can leave, respond to, and resolve comments.
- Only the orignal creator of a comment can delete it.
- FigJam is Figma's new digital whiteboarding tool.
Comments are a great addition to collaboration in FigJam. You can use comments to give feedback, ask questions, or leave notes throughout the board.
Add comments to a jam file in commenting mode. You can @mention collaborators, as well as add emoji to your messages.
Click the in the top-right menu to enter commenting mode.
You can't make any changes to objects on the board while in commenting mode. Use Esc or select another tool to exit comment mode and continue jamming.
Add a comment
Add a comment to any location on the board. If you comment on a specific shape or sticky, FigJam will attach your comment to that object.
- Click in the menu, or press the C key to enter commenting mode.
- Your cursor will turn into a location icon. Click on the location on the board where you'd like to place a comment.
- A draggable modal will pop up. Type your comment in the field. Click the emoji icon to add an emoji, or type
@colleagueto mention a collaborator.
- Click Post to publish your comment.
Mention a collaborator
Mention collaborators in comments by entering the @ symbol followed by their name. This allows you to include a collaborator in the discussion, or draw their attention to a specific object on the board.
In a team, there are some general restrictions around mention behavior:
- Collaborators that have the same roles on a resource can @mention one another. For example: team members can mention anyone else who is a member of the team.
- Team members can also mention collaborators who only have a role on that specific file or project.
- Collaborators that only have a role on the file, and not the team or project, can only mention collaborators that are members of the team. They can't mention collaborators that are only added to that file.
Outside of a team you can mention anyone you "know". This includes:
- People who are on the same teams, projects or files as you.
- Anyone you have invited, or has invited you to a file.
Add a mention to a comment
Mention a collaborator when you add a new comment, or reply to an existing one.
- In the comment field, enter the @ key to initiate a mention.
- Start typing in the person's name or email. FigJam will suggest collaborators based on your history.
- Click the Tab or Enter key to select a collaborator. Or, click on the person's name in the list.
- FigJam will show mentions in blue text. Complete the rest of your message and click Post.
- An email will be sent to the collaborator with the details of your comment and a preview of the design. If they have in app notifications enabled, they will receive a notification in Figma to
If you'd like to mention someone who is missing from your list, you will need to invite them to the file first.
Add emoji to comments
Add emoji when adding to or replying to comments. FigJam uses the Apple emoji collection.
- In the comment field, click the smiley face icon.
- Choose from your Frequently used emoji or browse through the catalogue of emoji.
- Or, use the Search bar to find the exact emoji you're after.
- Click on the emoji to add it to your message. This will appear in short-hand, not as the emoji. Don't worry, your emoji will appear when you click post!
- Click Post to add your comment to the file.
You can add up to 100 comments per hour. This includes new comments and replies and applies across all your files and prototypes.
Resolve or delete a comment
If you decide that you no longer need a certain comment or would like to close out a conversation, you can resolve or delete comments while you are in commenting mode.
Resolve a comment
To resolve a comment, you can either click on the comment in the Comments panel, or directly on the location icon on the board. Once the modal pops up, click [ICON].
Delete a comment
To delete a comment, you can either click on the comment in the Comments panel, or directly on the location icon on the board. Once the modal pops up, click [ICON] and choose Delete comment from the dropdown.
You can resolve comments that other collaborators have left, but you can't delete them.