Figma is the leading web-based, collaborative design tool that can allow your Education organization to create, share, and ideate together in real time.
We offer two free products for schools:
Figma: The industry-standard design platform is used to make wireframes, software prototypes, and so much more.
FigJam: Our online whiteboard facilitates collaboration for any class activity like brainstorming, researching, or making learning visual.
Qualified US and Japan-based K-12 organizations are granted access to Figma’s Enterprise license plan. Enabling Figma’s Enterprise plan for your organization’s domain grants your users access to Figma, our user interface design platform, and FigJam, our digital whiteboard.
As a Figma administrator, you will be able to manage user permissions, workspaces, teams, and implement controls for your organization’s access and privacy.
Below are the basic steps and articles needed for setting up Figma for Education in the Google Workspace as well as Figma admin panel for your school or district:
- Sign up for FigJam ↓
- Complete the K-12 interest form ↓
- Create your free Figma account ↓
- Verify your Education status ↓
- Set up Figma with Chrome App licensing →
- Test Figma organization access →
- Configure your Figma organization →
- Start using Figma in class →
Sign up for FigJam
Complete the K-12 interest form
- Visit figma.com/chromebooks or figma.com/jamboard-edu.
- Click Get started today.
- Complete the required fields the form.
- Check the acknowledgement of being contacted by Figma and Google at the bottom > click Submit.
Create your free Figma account
As your organization's administrator, you will need a free Figma account prior to enabling licenses through the Google Workspace. If you already have a Figma account associated with your organization’s domain you can skip this step.
- Visit figma.com.
- Select Get started for free.
- Click Continue with Google and sign in with an email address using your organization's domain. For example,
- Complete the personal information form with the responses that best fit your use case.
- Choose a Starter team by clicking Start for free.
- Choose between opening a blank Figma file, FigJam file, or select I’ll get started on my own.
Verify your Education status
Visit figma.com/education/apply to verify your school as an Education organization.
Note: If you do not verify your Education status, you will see emails prompting you to upgrade. Please disregard these messages.
Once you have successfully logged into Figma, you will see a dashboard displaying your existing files. Your organization has not been created yet so you will not have access to the admin controls at this point of the set-up.
The Figma for Education team will reach out to all qualified districts to initiate the required paperwork and provision licenses for your organization’s users.