Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on any team plan can use projects. You can only create projects in teams.
Only Editors, Admins and Owners of teams or projects can make changes to projects.
Projects allow you to group related files together in a single workspace.
If you're in a Professional team or Organization, you have advanced project permissions. This allows you to Create private and view-only projects.
If you are on an Education or Starter team, your project will be set to can edit. Team members can access projects based on their team permissions. Learn more about projects in our Projects in Figma article.
- The + New Project link at the top of your list of projects
- The New Project button in the top-right corner of the team page
Set up your new project via the Create New Project input.
- Give the project a name.
- If you have a Professional team, you can define what access your team members will have. Click the arrow next to Everyone at <team> can edit. Choose between:
- Can edit
- Can view
- Click Create Project to confirm.
- We will create a project for you on the team page.
- Add a description for your project by clicking the Add a description link on the project page.